Am I allergic or what...?

Every time I pet my cat, my eyes burn and itch really badly, and at least one eye feels like there's something in it. Visine doesn't even help it remotely.
It only happens when I pet her. She can be on my lap, draped across my chest... whatever, it doesn't phase me.

Does this mean I'm allergic to her? No other symptoms. No sneezing, not even an itchy nose. Just burning/itchy eyes.

ManicMomma02

Asked by ManicMomma02 at 6:39 PM on Jun. 3, 2010 in Pets

• probably. just make it a habit of rubbing her with a wet wash cloth and brushing her on a regular basis.
    Anonymous

• My SO is allergic to cats, he has the itchy/watery eyes as well as sneezing. His eyes will sometimes swell together from it. But lately he has been taking OTC claritin and it has done wonders for him.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 6:45 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Maybe when you pet the cat it makes the hair or whatnot come up and irritate your eyes. Are you rubbing you eyes afterwards>
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 3:30 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• I am allergic to my cat I get burning watery eyes and sneezing...you may well be allergic. I choose to live with the allergy and still cuddle my cat .

bookworm23

Answer by bookworm23 at 1:09 PM on Sep. 27, 2010