Does your dh try to tell you in his own way where you can go and when not to go anywhere?

I think it is bullshit that he tries to even bother when he works nite shift he tells me I don't want you out at nite roaming the streets even though I might need to get something from the store not to mention I'd rather wait till in the morning anyway if I need anything but damn I hate the way he is he is so insecure he could lose 50 lbs me too at that I just don't get it everytime he does this I get this knot in my stomach he is strange in that area sometimes I wish I can disappear for awhile but I can't I would miss my babies so bad and if I were to take them with me where would I go I have no one here. I just wish he would just go to work at don't say nothing about nothing it's not like I go shopping and spend lots of money only at the groceries store or Walmart tha's it I don't go to the mall at all and we all no the mall is very expensive. How can I get him to understand where I am coming from. Tired of feeling accused.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:49 PM on Jun. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• If my DH tried to tell me I could not do this or that. I would tell him where to stick his words. Thinking he could tell me things. next time he say something like that. Just tell him. "Are you talking to me, I thought you where talking to a child". Then walk away.
    Didn't you know this about him before you had children with him.

Answer by louise2 at 6:56 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• well I guess it isnt really lke your problem.... but yeah my husband sometimes tries to tell me what I can and cannot do ( even though I usually do it anyways)
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 6:57 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Mine never tells me what I can and cannot do. NEVER. I'm an adult and he treats me as asuch.Only our son can be told what he is and is not allowed to do.

Yours sounds a bit too controlling.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:59 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• My husband does. I usually ask his permission though. And when he wants to go somewhere, he ask mine. We have two young children, so although we are adults, we still have a responsibility to be home with them. My husband will not allow me to go the gym by myself when he is home to watch the children, not because he wants me home, but because he has friends that go to the gym, and knows how they treat women, and its usually dark and he doesnt like me walking out to the parking lot by myself, however, i could go with a friend. I am okay with doing as my husband says, because I know that he just has my best interest at heart, and is not just trying to controll me. In that situation, I would tell him to kiss my ass.
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 7:24 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Honestly, from what you put here it seems he may just be concerned about you being out at night. I think it might not be insecurity but concern for your safety. Be glad he cares.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 12:38 PM on Jun. 4, 2010