Sitting Alone

At what age did your child sit alone? Is there anything you can do or buy to help them learn to sit alone?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:53 PM on Jun. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i used a bumbo however many people will say it is bad. her pedi said it was good as long as she could help herself with sitting a bit too.

but my dd started sitting at i THINK 3 or 4 monthsi also had her on her belly a lot to have her strengthen her neck and back muscles.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 6:55 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• 7 months. I propped him up with the boppy. Sit your child up and show them how to support their weight with hands out in front between their legs

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:56 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• It depends how far you go away form your baby.If it just a few steps away then probably aorund 3 months.But you should NEVER leave your baby all alone in a romm all by it's self.SO like I said about 3 motnths old ok if yur just a few steps away in order to get to your baby in case of an emergancy.Get like a little swing and make sure it buckles to hold your baby in.You can find those at local stores like Wal-Mart and places like that.
    KaraEmomma

Answer by KaraEmomma at 6:59 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• KaraEmomma, she is asking at what age did your baby sit alone ... like learn to finally sit up by themselves... not leave their child alone lol :)
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 7:11 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• 5 months. I used to prop him with the boppy and play with him while he was in a sitting position to entertain him.

Answer by missanc at 8:23 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• i think it was around 6-7 months. i used to put pillows all around him, in front, sides, and back, and let him sit so that when he fell he would fall on the pillow and then i would pick him back up again. we would do that a few times a day.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 8:26 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• my oldest twin has just started sitting on his own without falling all the time and he is eight months. I put their boppy pillows around them when they're sitting on their own, so if they fall or throw themselves back they're safe. i got them bumbos but i can't say they helped them learn to sit.... but they liked sitting in them when they were younger and they're helpful from time to time. i suggest buying it used though, theyre soo expensive
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 1:00 AM on Jun. 4, 2010