would it bother u if u heard some1 tellin their lil toddler they gng to jail

i have been hearing alot lately pass 2wks, the neighbor told his kid that he was gng to jail bcse he didnt wanna go in the house yet (he was playing with my kids who are same age as him - 5yr) she told him "u gng to jail then" my kids heard it & started asking about it why their friend was gng to jail. i told them no it wasnt true but the kid was crying saying i dont wann go jail i jst wanna play. i think that was outta hand and if she wanted her kid to come in to the house just handle it different way not threat her child like that and top of it confused my kids and leaving me to xplain a subject like that

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:06 PM on Jun. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• That their toddler is going to jail?
    KaraEmomma

Answer by KaraEmomma at 7:07 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• confusedhe's gong to jail? whhaat???

Anonymous

• UMMM...YA!That would bother me!Someone telling their kid that they r going to jail cuz they wanna play is a cruel threat.Its easier just to pick him up and bring him inside.I don't understand the point of people threatening their kids like that.Its just gonna make the kid scared of him parent.
    KaraEmomma

Answer by KaraEmomma at 7:10 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• My neighbor used to tell her kids she just saw a cop down the road and if he didn't do whatever she was saying that the come would come. I hate that. She just had no control over him and never followed through so she resorted to lying to him.
    It is ridiculous!
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 8:08 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Depends on the situation I tell my kids something similar to that if they are refusing to put their seat belt on.
    Anonymous

• Yes my stupid stupid stupid SIL & MIL use to tell my niece ever since she was able to understand what they were saying that whenever she wasn't listening to them or hurrying up at some thing (like coming in the house and what not) they would tell her "hurry up or the police are coming to "get"you". I got sooooo PISSED at them- oh we HAD words!!!! But they still continued it and one day my niece got lost in town and was scared to death when an officer found her walking around - she thought she was going to jail! I cold have beat the crap out of them both!!!!! No one should ever ever ever do this to a child! One day the child may be too scared to let an officer save their lives if need be!
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 8:33 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• oh ps. as far as seat belts go. we tell our girls that they could get hurt badly or go out the window and maybe die if we got in an accident (kids are smart you can tell the truth!) and also we explained that daddy or mommy could get a ticket and it costs lots of $$$$$ and we would have to pay it but then they would pay us for it if they got out of their seat belts. No sense making stories- tell them the truth.
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 8:36 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• "oh ps. as far as seat belts go. we tell our girls that they could get hurt badly or go out the window and maybe die if we got in an accident (kids are smart you can tell the truth!) and also we explained that daddy or mommy could get a ticket and it costs lots of $$$$$ and we would have to pay it but then they would pay us for it if they got out of their seat belts. No sense making stories- tell them the truth. "

As i said i tell a similar story. I tell them the risks of being hurt but i also tell them the cops will pulls us over and give us a ticket, and as you said they will have to pay us for it. Because if we don't pay we will go to jail.
    Anonymous

• some moms just do not engage their brain before they operate their mouths
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 10:07 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Why don't you just MYOB?
    Anonymous