I'm not meaning to attack or even bash in any way, but...

Oi.
When I come to the Answers section of Cafemom, it's not to nit pick, it's not to bash other moms for their views and opinions or concerns. I come on here to help and learn. Yes, I do come across troll posts or posts that irritate me, and I just don't bother posting anything, because I'm not going to argue. It's just not worth it to me.
Lately, I've become increasingly frustrated at some posts on here that are extremely long run-on sentences, there's no punctuation to indicate a change in subject, quotes, or just anything of that nature to indicate a new sentence is being formed. Not even a comma.
I know people make mistakes. Spelling isn't even a huge issue for me. I read these posts, it captures my attention, but I have to sit there and reread the post 3 or 4 times, and sometimes, I just give up.

Can we please throw in a comma? Anything? A dash? Semicolon...?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:16 PM on Jun. 3, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Amen!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:16 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• OP
    I'm not even saying my shit don't stink. I know I've made PLENTY of grammatical errors, so I'm not even asking anyone to be perfect. But... honestly! I want to help, I just don't understand what you're typing. :c
    And yes, sometimes, in the heat of the moment, I know what you're saying in your mind as you're typing makes perfect sense to you, but to us, it's a "huh???" moment.
    Anonymous

• So what, seriously. It's just the internet.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 7:17 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Preach it, sister !
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 7:18 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• **rolling eyes**
    Anonymous

• When I see a post like this I just assume the person is hysterical. They didn't notice that it doesn't make any sense. They didn't proofread it or put any real effort into it either so I don't bother with it. I'm not willing to put more energy into understanding the post than they put into writing it so I just move on. sorry.
    Blabbermouth

Answer by Blabbermouth at 7:20 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• I meant to OP, not MomNbabyGirl009....sorry MomNbabyGirl009 :{
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 7:21 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Here we go again! For the love of god, leave this poor dead horse alone! DON'T YOU THINK WE'VE BEAT IT UP ENOUGHT!?!

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 7:22 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• you mean like this when people can't understand that a little punctuation goes a long way toward helping others understand that they are in fact asking a question and not simply typing words for the sheer pleasure of it I am in the same boat as you are sometimes I can't even grasp what the question actually is until I read it 3 4 5 or sometimes 6 times it just doesn't make sense at all and I know that it probably isn't their fault or that they don't care but in reality how hard is it?

OK, that was extremely painful for me to type. I do not claim perfect grammar, but I honestly can not comprehend some of the q's asked... Even after having read them numerous times.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:25 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Sorry for what Nynne? LOL
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 7:27 PM on Jun. 3, 2010