What is the regular age that a kid has to be to enter pre-school? or something like it...

Is it only 3 or 4?
Are they just like daycare??
i really want to put my daughter in something where she socializes more with other kids her age, but shes only 16 months...
I was thinking about Sunday school at church.
is there a charge for this? i think most you can just take them there while you are at service too right?
i want her to be around other kids her age more.

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 7:20 PM on Jun. 3, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• No - there's no charge for a Sunday School. Most churches provide a class for toddlers during adult Sunday school and worship service. It depends on the church, you could call around in your area to find out. A lot of churches also have a Bible study during the week with a nursery provided free of charge for the little ones. There are mom's groups, like MOPS (google it for your area). My daughter started preschool at age 2, 4 hours/day, 2 days/week at a church based preschool. They also have a Mother's Morning Out program 3 hours/day which is what my son (18 months) is starting in this fall.

Answer by missanc at 8:27 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• kids can go to preschool at 3 i believe, but there is no age when they have to. i like to spend the first few years i get with them before they go to school. we go to playgroups and they get their socialisation that way. sunday school is free of charge. some churches do it during the service and some do it beforehand.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 2:56 AM on Jun. 4, 2010