climbing out of the crib?

my 14month old daughter climb out of the crib today and ended up on the floor. anyone else have this young of a toddler do this? what did you do? she is not ready for a toddler bed. i was not expecting this at this early age.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:27 PM on Jun. 3, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• She is ready for a toddler bed. Get it asap before she falls out again and gets hurt.
    Anonymous

• If the crib is dropped all the way down and the railing up as high as it can go, i think she may be ready for a toddler bed. My daughter did this at 12 months climbing out... If you are worried about her falling out of the bed... my dd has a great toddler bed that is only about 4-5 inches off of the ground and has railings on BOTH sides of the bed. its a Disney Fairies toddler bed.
    AND its adorable and comes with a canopy :)

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Disney-Tinkerbell-Toddler-Canopy-Bed/10226412
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 7:29 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• A baby of 14 months old is really too young to be in a toddler bed. Just drop the frame to the lowest setting and put the rail down. Place pillows on the floor so that she has a safe place to "land" if she falls again.

If that doesn't appeal to you, then invest in a crib tent.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 7:40 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Fallaya I think it depends more on the child themselves. If they are able to get up and down from the bed i think it would be okay.. even at that point if they couldnt, id rather my dd fall out of the bed that is 4 inches off the ground rather than 4-5 feet from falling out of a crib.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 7:50 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• i been looking at the crib tent. no she is not ready for a toddler bed. she is too young. and that is my feelings about it not anyone elses. she did land on some towels i had happened to have on the floor. i hope it doesn;t happen again but i rather get the tent then switch to a toddler bed. actually her crib turns into a toddler bed but she is just not ready yet.
    Anonymous

• Do know how she climbed out? Is there anything near her crib that she could have used for leverage? My daughter is 2 and I can't imagine how she'd be able to climb out? I would try the crib tent too.
    Anonymous

• Had this problem. My daughter would crawl out of everything at that age. She'd even build up her stuffed animals and other toys in her playpin and crawl out of their. I did have to put her in a toddler bed early. It was just safer. She was going to get out if she wanted to anyway, so this was a good decision for us. Had to put up a baby gate to keep her inside of her room and turn up the moniter so I could hear her playing. It only took about a week of sleepless nights getting up to promptly put her back in bed, and she got the hint. Good luck!
    teamplayer

Answer by teamplayer at 8:41 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• i heard about a kid his shirt got stuck while climbing out and choked to death.... i would make the switch or even just put her mattress on the floor . and a baby gate for the doorway...
    my boys were about 18 mo when the switch was made we actually used their crib took of the drop part and sawed down the legs so we didn't have to buy a toddler bed and looks super cute like a day bed.. nowthey r 2.5 and sleep together ina full sixe bed super cute
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 10:37 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• i put the mattress lower on the crib. she is just not ready for a toddler bed. i think its way too dangerous and she is not in her own room. she is in the room with me. and there are stairs everywhere. so far soo good. i put her in the crib last night and no climbing out. i think it was just too high. the crib is actually is a toddlr bed also so when she is ready i will just make the switch. thanks for all the comments.
    Anonymous