my son is ALWAYS making annoying noises..

he's always making random noises with his high pitched little voice, and IM SICK OF IT!!! he'll ride his bike outside and say "errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!" he'll play with his toys and say "eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!" or "reeeeeeee!!" or whatever other noises he comes up with. he doesn't have a speech problem, as a matter of fact, he talks a lot more than any other 3yr old i know. you know that time of the day you just want your child to play by themselves to give you some time for yourself? yeah that doesn't happen in my house, because even when hes playing by himself.. he starts with the noises.. and they are NOT quiet by any means. IT DRIVES ME CRAZY!!! how should i deal with this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:30 PM on Jun. 3, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I had a similar problem with one of my boys, I remember that he just grew out of it by the time he started school. Good luck, I was having flashbacks when I was reading your post...Ugh!
    MrsAJLaw

Answer by MrsAJLaw at 7:35 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• he is just pretending....i know at the end of a long day you may want to peace and quiet. but until bed time comes that most likely wont happen. if it is that bothersome get out your Ipod and your ear phones.
    Anonymous

• If it bothers you, listen o some music.
    I have 2 boys that do this ALL day, and a 9 year old who thinks that the greatest sound in the world is LOUD humming (she does it just to get under my skin)... Give it a few years, I promise you'll learn to tune stuff like that out. I know how hard it was with my first, putting up with the noises, but it's normal.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:39 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• When my daughter does it tell her "Quiet That is annoying!" lol
    Anonymous

• My son does the same thing. I tell him to cut it out or go in his room to make those noises... It drives me nuts!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:49 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• my son even talks to himself, it doesn't bother me. i smile.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 9:12 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Learn to block it out. He's pretending and it's perfectly normal. It's part of being a parent.
    Anonymous

• My son does it too and I just ask him why he is talking like a dolphin! LOL I'm sure it will pass....just in time for my youngest boy to start!! =) Just ask him to use his inside voice and try to ignore it or just join in!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:36 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Even though it may annoy you, it is an important part of learning! He is being a kid! Put on music if you cannot handle it! Let him have fun while he still can!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 9:43 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• I think it's sad that his pretend play and joyful sounds annoy you. :(

Maybe you need to take a little more time out for you to unwind each week. Maybe a long bath or ocassional chair massage. Something to help you relax some so you can enjoy your son more.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 3:02 PM on Jun. 4, 2010