She's not herself...

My daughter watched a movie "School Gyrls" its about these three friends in an all girls academy.ANd it's a pip school. (Pip is the girl version of pimp) and now all of a sudden my daughter thinks shes pip.She wants to be ganster,and shes got additude.Not in a bad way but shes always talking about whenever we go cloths shopping she wants pip outfits and dope cloths.I mean if this is the way she wants to be then I'm fine with I just don't know why she thinks 'pip' is who she is.

KaraEmomma

Asked by KaraEmomma at 7:39 PM on Jun. 3, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• i know how you feel.....my daughter is 5 and she is into hanna montana like crazy. doesnt watch the show and couldnt name a single song of hers. but she loves her. alot of her friends have influenced her to like it. (it isnt a bad thing) however i refuse to buy her anything hanna montana simply because she likes it because her friends do. i tell her everytime if she likes it because she likes it then that is fine. but if she likes it jsut because someone else likes it then that is not ok. i tell her to use her own opinions and dont worry about what others think of what you do or dont like. i am that way. i call it eclectic individuality. i have a very broad tase in everything but it is stuff i like because i like it. not because it is a trend of someone else likes it. ..explain to her how important it is to find who SHE is and go for what SHE likes. i am sure it is a phase.
    Anonymous

• See the thing is,nobody she knows is like that.SHe was inspired not influenced.The School Gyrls are her rolmodles.I find it kind of weird though.She's a 12 year old girl fixing to go into Jr.High and middle school is usually were you find who YOU are.If she still thinks she's pip in middl school then she'll defeitly stand out.I have no problem with that though.Standing out is a good think it's expressing her indiviuality but ever since that movie she's been different.Should I just let her do her thing to tell her to be herself?Wich I doubt she know WHO she is.Maybe she think pip is who she is,Maybe thats who shell grow into be.I don't know...
    KaraEmomma

Answer by KaraEmomma at 7:54 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• i would let it run its course. i am sure it is just a phase. but i duno the "pip" is appropriate for a girl her age. when i was that age i thought gangs were cool. but luckily i had my older brother to stear me away from them instead of me actually joining one. let it run its course but i would keep an eye on her.....make sure it doesnt turn in to something that could potentially cause you and her both heart ache in her later teen years.
    Anonymous

• If she is so easily swayed by movies have her watch Sound of Music
    Anonymous