I had a woman tell me that The story of Noah was absolutely FALSE AND COULDN'T BE TRUE.. MY QUESTION IS WHY?

What details about this story makes anyone think that the story of Noah is A LIE?

I mean I WANT reasons ... not just "I JUST THINK SO.."

WHAT PORTION OF THE BIBLE ACCOUNT DO YOU FIND SO UNBELEIVABLE?

MAKEMYDAY101

Asked by MAKEMYDAY101 at 7:40 PM on Jun. 3, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• but you don't need every animal when just one pair from the canine family would produce all within that species or "kind" and since God can deluge the earth don't you think keeping the animals in a hibernating state most of the time would be a breeze?

So in other words, not only did Noah have to track down everything from the Indian elephant to the Chilean horse fly, he had to carry them all on board, too?

And regardless of how much water is under the mantle, the geological record doesn't lie. It didn't happen.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:29 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• What part? The part where there is a god.
    Adults who maintain imaginary friends, frighten me.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:41 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Don't listen to people who don't beleive in the bible.If you want to beleive in God and everything that happend back then,then do it.I was insecure about it too!I was always curious how did some man just pop out of no were and control everything?But then I heard my family talking one night to my autn.And my grandma said "I watched this show were people died,and the came back to life and said that their grand parents or something came up in their mind and told them to go back cuz it wasent their time to die." A random guy didn't just come up with the bible.If all that wasent true their wouldent be Churches.So just ignore those people.
    God bless <3
    KaraEmomma

Answer by KaraEmomma at 7:43 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• God IS real and the story about Noah is true.People just say stuff like that because they weren't raised to beleive in God.
    Anonymous

• Some people believe and some don't all I know is I am a believer.
    Anonymous

• God IS real and the account of Noah IS real. It is recorded in more historical books than just the Bible.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 7:47 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

-----------------------------------------------------

Presumptuous much?

Simply because I do not believe in your religion, does not mean that I do not know it inside and out. Nor does it in any way insinuate that I was not indoctrinated.
    Fortunately, some of us live and function in reality.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:49 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Well, frankly, all of it. It sounds like an Aesop's fable. I'll try to break down what I don't believe about the story:

1. God.
    2. God picking out one chosen old guy and his family who deserved to live out of everyone on the planet.
    3. This old guy, who likely did not have an engineering degree, building a gigantic boat to exact specifications in the days when tape measures were extremely hard to come by.
    4. Loading up a bazillion of EVERY ANIMAL ON THE PLANET... and they all fit, and none of them ate each other or carried disease.
    5. it rains for 40 days and nights...nonstop... covering every inch of the earth... at the same time.
    6. nobody on the boat died or went crazy.
    7. the waters receeded (to where? the oceans would have been flooded too) and everything was hunky-dory.
    8. only AFTER all the devestation did god have a guilt-trip. not during. after.
    like the rest of the bible, sounds like malarky to me.
    Koukla12905

Answer by Koukla12905 at 7:49 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• lmfao. So is the other story of Noah and a flood and so forth! But you can believe what you want. What I see is that this story was recorded many years before Noah's time in another place and that is only one thing I can say about it. The rest is my opinion and it shouldn't matter what I say. You believe what you believe, I believe what I believe and there is no point in arguing or make others feel bad because they don't believe in the Noah story
    WonderWoman1979

Answer by WonderWoman1979 at 7:50 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• If the story of Noah is true. How did he manage to put 2 of every kind of animal, EVERY animal, an a boat for 40 days & 40 nights. And they all survived........... Or... If it was just Noah and his family on board, and everyone else suffered/died in the flood, where did all the other people come from (or is all of humanity a product of incest).

I don't see how anyone could believe the story of Noah to be fact.
    Anonymous