has anyone went tubing/jetskiing/boating while 7/8 months pregnant

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:43 PM on Jun. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Haha!No.But I woulden't do it.If you fell off you jetski or tube you tube fall on to your belly the water would smak your stomach and it would hurt.It just like doing a belly flop into a pool.But if I were you I woulden't do it.You should keep the water your in a certain your in a certain tempeture.Espacially that far along.You should ask your doctor just incase though.
    KaraEmomma

Answer by KaraEmomma at 7:48 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• I would not recommend that you take to water sports while pregnant. Boating is great though. If you fall while skiing, your body is hitting that water at the same speed that the boat is going. Thats a huge impact for you and baby. I fell off a jet ski once and lost my breath for a few minutes from the impact.
    Anonymous

• i wouldnt do jet skiing or on a tube.. idk if by tube you mean pulled on a boat or tubing down the river. here in ariz we go tubing down the salt river but BOTH i wouldnt do that far a long because of the rapids and waves you can flip out easily. i would go and relax on a boat though! i have done it :) just dont get dehydrated and stay shaded if posible.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 7:52 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• my mom as petite as she is, says when she was pregnant with #1 she went water skiing when she was 7mo pregnant. ... BUT she also smoked through all her pregnancies too..
    Dont really condone any of it ...
    Anonymous

• Throw in a night of bull riding and down hill snow boarding and you're set!

Seriously... people have to ask this?
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 10:04 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• I wouldnt also keep in mind your not supposed to get into lakes, creeks, rivers....while preggo at any stage theres to much bacteria and could cause an infection
    Anonymous

• i rode fourwheelers clear up until my due date the last week i tried but didnt feel good so i quit riding
    cutie_pie200619

Answer by cutie_pie200619 at 10:53 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• NO.
    DO NOT DO IT.

I actually know a girl who went on a speed boat while pregnant. Unsure of whether or not she actually got on the tube, but other people on the boat were. She had been wanting a baby SO bad, and had finally gotten pregnant.. She miscarried because of doing that. My sister was there with her, and also pregnant. They asked her to go, but she refused to get on, and tried to warn her friend.

I also want to point out, you don't even have to fall out/off to hurt your baby! Those bumps alone can cause you to miscarry.

As far as fourwheeling. I did once, but I warned my guy we weren't going over any bumps, just rode down the street. It still scared me to death, because after we got a little ways I just kept visualizing us crashing and my stomach getting impaled. Wouldn't do it again, even if we went slow & there were no bumps.

Now a SAILboat, not a speedboat, should be fine in good whether with competent driver
    MrsAdorkable

Answer by MrsAdorkable at 8:14 PM on Jun. 6, 2010