How do YOU respond when someone ask what you want for your birthday?

It's my 23rd bday coming up and I'm being asked so I don't really knowwhat to say. It's an awkward question. What do you say?

ProudMammaMia

Asked by ProudMammaMia at 7:50 PM on Jun. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I tell them whatever is in their hearts to give to me. I always tell my husband and children that I would rather have a gift that they thought of carefully that they believe has meaning from their hearts and that love and caring with which they chose the gift would be passed onto me. I also remind them that the best gifts I have ever received from them were personal letters they wrote to me, song lyrics and poems they wrote out, pictures in handmade frames, handmade items that I can display....anything that they created with me in mind.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:11 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• when dh asks i say a good hard spanking! but anyone else i just tell them a card
    Anonymous

• When I was 23 the answer was money, and now that I am 39, the answer is money. LOL, that has always been a question I disliked being asked!
    MrsAJLaw

Answer by MrsAJLaw at 7:54 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Generally.. All I want for my birthday (and this is what I tell people) is : to be happy, to be healthy, and to be with people I love.

That's it.. Anything else that I get, or is done for me..ect.. Is gravy.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 7:55 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• a million dollars, so far no one has come through :(
    Anonymous

• Anything they find that makes them think of me, even if it's 6 months before/after my birthday! I'd rather receive a gift that fits me off season than an ill-fitting gift at the right time.
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 7:56 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• I haven't been asked that since I was like 15. I haven't gotten anything for my birthday since I turned 31. My dad got me a camera that year. I'll be 34 this year.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 7:58 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• WHile your not on the birthday topic come up with a converation of things you like.Don't make it obvious though.
    KaraEmomma

Answer by KaraEmomma at 8:04 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• It depends on who is asking. If it's my immediate family I honestly tell them what I can use. We are a very tight knit family and we make it a point to celebrate each other's birthdays. Life is too short not to celebrate happy times. I can't imagine not giving my family atleast a card for their birthday. It's a special day that deserves to be acknowledged.
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 8:07 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Um......uh..........mmmmmm...........er.............hhhmhmmmm..........uuuuuuhhhhh.......... I don't know.
    MamaRae85

Answer by MamaRae85 at 8:07 PM on Jun. 3, 2010