If the act of spanking was made illegal in the USA, punished by possible jail time and removal of children from your home, would you still spank?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:04 PM on Jun. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• So Sabrina, if a parent doesn't hit their child, you consider them irresponsible? That's is just as stupid as can be.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 10:52 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Nope, though I do believe in spanking, as long as certain factors are in place.
    MamaRae85

Answer by MamaRae85 at 8:06 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• yep nobody has the right to tell me how to punish my kids.
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 8:07 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• It IS illegal in our community. I am an intelligent human being with no need to show my power over a small child for my own personal satisfaction. BTW spanking has been proven to NOT WORK. It might scare the kid but he/she will continue the behavior which is why parents who spank have to KEEP SPANKING. IT DOES NOT WORK PEOPLE. When will you get it?
    Anonymous

• i wouldnt & dont spank anyway.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 8:10 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• No way. I have done my best to not spank. I think it is a good form of discipline when used properly, however, my DD has well become immune to it so I have done my best do diciplne differently. I would hate to think the government would go so far as to put a person in jail for giving their child a swift spank on the butt. However like I said no I would not if it ment my child being taken from me!!!!!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 8:10 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• I don't believe in violence to discipline children.
    Anonymous

• Yes.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 8:21 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Yes, when needed. We follow God's rules first. And there are definitely times when a good spanking is in order. For those of you who say spanking doesn't work, you don't speak for everyone. Spanking is not just beating on your kids or smacking them around because you're all worked up and mad. There's a proper way to spank & it doesn't traumatize children, or teach them to be afraid of you, nor does it teach them that hitting is OK etc. Just because a bunch of liberal, nit-wit "professionals", most of whom don't even have kids of their own, say it doesn't work, doesn't make it so. Most of these same nit-wits have no problem supporting a woman's right to abortion, the ultimate in child abuse... makes no sense to me.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 8:23 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• I agree with BlessedMommy completely. I haven't spanked my children in a very very long time. I do not have to. They are respectful, intelligent, articulate and they know when I am serious. But I have had to spank them a few times when I thought it was appropriate. Mostly when they were straight out disrespectful. They now know better. I have seen kids who have never been spanked and it seems as if that does not work IMO.
    peace1234

Answer by peace1234 at 8:27 PM on Jun. 3, 2010