Heart pain...okay this is really starting to worry me. :(

Beginning about 5 years or a little more ago, I get a little pain in my heart, it used to be when I ran too fast or did some other type of strenuous work.Well, it would come every day for a few months then it would go away and I would think I was fine and then it would come back.I've had an EKG done with my doctor sometime in the beginning when it all started but it showed nothing.Well, not wanting to seem like a hyperchondriac, I downplayed it thinking maybe it was just anxiety causing the pain,at that time I asked to be put on Cymbalta..for the pain and other reasons.It helped for awhile..or so I thought.The pain came back even with the anxiety med.Anyway..fast forward.I've been off the cymbalta, 17months.I'm 25 wks preg.I'm on Zoloft.For the past month,maybe more the pain is getting BAD.Last night, for the first time my whole left arm went numb..right to my finger tips.Lips were normal color tho.ANYONE ELSE exp this?

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 8:18 PM on Jun. 3, 2010 in Health

• I get pain in the chest too. It will be constant for a week or so and then go away for a few months. It comes in cycles every few months. My doctor only does an EKG and says nothing is wrong. She offered prozac and said maybe it was anxiety, but I don't think so and didn't take it. I think there is something else wrong. I am hoping to find a new doctor but I have to get a new job first. I can't afford more bills. It is very scary when it happens. I hope you find some answers.  Good Luck to you.

BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 8:34 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Thanks BlooBird. Recently, I found out that basically if youre not experienceing the time of the EKG then nothing will show up. I was thinking af asking to be on a holter monitor for a week..I guess its where you have a heart monitor and everytime you feel the pain, you press a button and it records it or something like that. But I bet you that if I do that..that will be the week I feel no pain,lol. Therefore making me feel like a hyperchodriac again. But this pain is real.We do have heart disease in my family but no one this young..I'm 33 and my grandmothers first stroke was in her 40's and heart disease was discovered for her at that point. I just don't know. All I really know is, it hurts and it is hurting right now and its getting to the point I'm afraid to lay in bed, thats when it has been hurting the worse.I have an appt next weds but thinking I may call tomorrow.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 8:41 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Have you taken Asprin? I'm just throwing that out there because they tell you to take it when having a heart attack. I wish you luck trying to get the EKG to show what it really wrong.

For a long time I though I was having chest pains and found out my heart is more central and it was probably my lung that was hurting. And when my back is messed up, I will have chest paids also. It will hurt to breath. Could be from sitting wrong or a bad mattress. Also my arms and finger go numb when I'm pregnant. Baby can mess up a lot of nerves in your back. Just some suggestions...I don't think your crazy; I'm just not sure what you've thought off already and I'm marking myself Anon in case I come off really stupid!
    Anonymous

• thankyou anon...no...you are not coming off as stupid at all! Thats why I asked on here...to see if someone had an experience or an idea what it could be that I havent thought of yet.
    I've thought about taking the aspirin too...because its been all over the commercials lately and got me thinking,lol..but I have to ask my doctor befor eI take anything because I'm pregnant.
    It would be good to rule out all possiblities of what it could be!Everytime I look up something about it on the internet...or in med books..it comes right back to me just not knowing.
    I should have kept on the doctors about this a long time ago.Now its too the point that I'm really worried,mostly because the pain is getting worse and now I'm pregnant andI'd never forgive myself if somethign happened to this baby because I didnt do something about this a long time ago instead of being a big chicken,lol.Thankyou for your telling me your experience with it!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:15 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• I have a heart condition. I had my last baby knowing I had it - I also most likely had it before, when I had my first 4, I just wasn't diagnosed til after #4. That said - you need to see a cardiologist, you need to have more extensive tests done - an EKG isn't worth s*** on it's own - trust me! You need an echocardiogram, you need to wear a holter monitor for at least a week, if not a month, and most important - you canNOT downplay your problems! Heart problems are serious - especially if you're pregnant. You need to be seen by a cardiologist that has experience with pregnant women. Please do it soon!
    Anonymous