How can there be "evil" when God gave you Freewill?

I've heard time and again, how God gives you freewill to CHOOSE to do or not do things in life. So when you CHOOSE to do something supposedly "against" God, how is this now suddenly evil? Are you saying that the part of you that makes a bad choice (in other words, being Human) or makes a mistake is evil, or just you exercising free will that your God granted you?
Is freewill evil? If yes, then isn't freewill granted from the devil you believe exists-not God?

sahmamax2

Asked by sahmamax2 at 8:19 PM on Jun. 3, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Excellent question :) Also I want to point out that in the bible it says "What is good for one person may not be good for the other" and we are not to judge correct? Well, I believe that but not because the bible says so. I believe it because in my heart it is true. I think it goes along with what you are asking. We have the freedom to choose in our lives and sometimes we make wrong decisions that doesn't mean the devil made us do it or that it is evil. Sure, there are evil things out there but its' life people. Bad things happen all the time.
    WonderWoman1979

Answer by WonderWoman1979 at 8:21 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• your question makes no sense. just cause its against God, it does not mean its evil. do you want to clarify?
    Freewill has nothing to do with evil, freewill has to do with the right to make your own choices.

Anonymous

• hehehehehe >:)
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 8:35 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Sometimes there is something evil that does try to influence us or persuade us one way or the other. And then we have our conscience that is there to remind us about right and wrong. That is where free will comes in. We have the free will to decide what we are then going to choose/do.
    Anonymous

• i think reading that jusy made me dummer.
    Anonymous

• Sorry, but this question is actually kind of dumb.
    Anonymous

• I have to agree with all the anonymous's.
    peace1234

Answer by peace1234 at 8:37 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• What she asked made perfect sense. Don't bash her just because YOUR to ignorant to comprehend what she said.

i think reading that jusy made me dummer

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 8:39 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• OP, I think a pp poster hit it right on the nail. The is evil influencing people to do bad things, but that little voice in the back of your mind is what your freewill is made up of. THEN once you decided what your gonna do, That becomes your choice.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 8:41 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Oh I'm sorry to hear you were dumb in the first place anon.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 8:49 PM on Jun. 3, 2010