I believe in God, but where does this leave me?

I say Im Christian just because I dont know where I really fit. I never went to church with family, just a few times with friends.. Ive been in a church probably less than 10 times in my 28yrs.
I believe in GOD. I respect all prophets, but cannot put all my faith in just 1, Jesus... My main concern is GOD! I worship him...
So where do I fit.
IDK what im really asking here. but hey....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:23 PM on Jun. 3, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• You just need to learn to be comfortable with the way you feel. Nowhere is it written that you have to have a name to your religion. If you believe in God, but not other aspects of various religions, that is totally ok!! I firmly believe that any religion should be celebrated personally, in a manner that feels right to you. Church, prayer, rituals, whatever makes you feel closer to your belief. If someone asks, just say you are "spiritual"
    StellarJKD

Answer by StellarJKD at 8:40 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Sounds like you may want to check out Sikhism.
    Belief in one God...........check.
    Belief that all who believe in God (no matter what name they use) believe in the same one God........Check
    Belief that Christ, Mohammad, Siddhartha (Buddha) and others were all profits of God...... Check
    Belief that everyone's relationship with God is personal and individual.....Check
    Belief that there is no one "True/Right" path/belief.. But there is one that is true/right for each individual (even if that is the path of non-belief........ Check
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 8:37 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• You can always be like me and others.

Believe in God, but do not follow any specific religion.

I believe in God.. I just personally have not found a religion that I would/could follow and firmly believe in all of it's tenents without doubt or hesitation.

One does not have to follow a religion in order to believe in God.

((sorry I hit enter before I got this part added to my original reply))
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 8:59 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 1:38 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• You are with me then ;) There is nothing wrong with that. SOme will call you Pagan but do titles really matter? It is personal to YOU and that is all that matters right?
    WonderWoman1979

Answer by WonderWoman1979 at 8:25 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• lol idk what you're asking either, but i guess you want to know about denominations? you don't have to choose a denomination to be a christian..... but if you're interested in going to church more often or on special holidays you can try out a few and see which denomination fits your style of worship and lifestyle the best.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:26 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• That would make you non denominational. Some would label you pagan. Some will say you're confused. If that's what you're cool with, why worry about definition?
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 8:28 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Your relationship with your God is YOURS. It is a private path walk with just you and your God and not for anyone to judge.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 8:31 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• obbydobbie - that would not make her non-denominational... i am non-denominational and we believe in God the Father, God the Son (Jesus), God the Holy Spirit - we believe there is only one way to God the Father and that is through believing in His Son and accepting Him as Your Savior (Jesus Christ).. we believe that Jesus is God (not a prophet) manifest in flesh, who died and rose again and now sits at the right hand of the Father, He went away and sent His the Holy Spirit.

inter-denominational is multiple denominations going together with belief in God.

I've been pagan and that is not non-denominational.
    Anonymous

• Judaism!
    Anonymous