Is it possible?

To be at peace with one another, respect everyone's beliefs and know they are personal and should not be voiced out or pushed on anyone? I don't care if you believe in god, more gods or none. Your belief is just that...YOURS!! Do we not see how selfish and idiotic it is to force our beliefs on others? Do we not see the destruction it causes? Who are you to say that your way is the only way? It is insulting to say to those who believe differently. I personally feel faith or whatever you want to call it is personal and therefor should be left at that. I doubt many Christians will agree with me

WonderWoman1979

Asked by WonderWoman1979 at 8:35 PM on Jun. 3, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• true,
    unless someone asks you to share your beliefs.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 8:38 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• To be at peace with one another, respect everyone's beliefs and know they are personal and should not be voiced out or pushed on anyone?

In this case, only with like minded individuals.......Obviously this isn't reality. Reality is that there are some people who think their way is the ONLY way and all others are wrong. They aren't interested in peace, only proving how "right" they are. They can't see the destruction they cause because their only focus is to be right and glorify themselves

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 8:39 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• lol I know it isn't reality it was just a silly thought of mine. It was good though huh?
    WonderWoman1979

Answer by WonderWoman1979 at 8:40 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Unfortunately many Christians don't uphold those standards as Jesus set them forth. Many Christians today are much unlike their Christ.
    Anonymous

• Who are you to say that your way is the only way? ~ That's what I say as well. So sad there has to be so much fighting over it all!!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 8:51 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• eh at least I know I have my ladies out there who believe as i do :) it was just a silly thought I guess. It will never happen
    WonderWoman1979

Answer by WonderWoman1979 at 8:52 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Possible? Yes, of course. Everything is possible.

Probable? Not on Cafemom! Hell, moms on here can't agree to disagree about simple things like potty training and diapering... I couldn't imagine they ever would agree to disagree on subjects that could make or break something as huge as your eternal soul...

That said, I don't see any reason why we can't try! I don't agree with the beliefs of many, but that has never been a reason for me to disrespect those people or their beliefs or their freedom to have those beliefs!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:53 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• here here! Sabrina I feel ya chicky
    WonderWoman1979

Answer by WonderWoman1979 at 8:54 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• It was good though huh?

It was and I've often thought the same thing, but I'm too much of a realist to believe it'll ever actually happen. Sometimes I even decide to give them a taste of their own medicine.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 8:55 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Possible...Yes
    Probable.....No

Especially when you consider in that there are some religions who believe/ teach, that this particular religion is the one and only TRUE religion.. TRUE belief system.. And all others are wrong for one reason or another...

As long as some people believe that, teach that, and spread that ideology.. There will not be universal acceptance that each person's individual faith is "their's" and it's neither right nor wrong. Because to say only one religion is the one and only true religion, you negate all other beliefs and their their followers.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 8:57 PM on Jun. 3, 2010