ANA screen results

Hi I have a bad case of Rheumatoid Athritis in my family and have been having joint problems for a few years now. I finally went to see a Rheumatology doctor and she sent me to have labs and x-rays. My recent labs show:

C-Reactive Protein 0.3
CYC Citrulline Pepab 3
Erythrocyte Sed Rate 14
Rheumatoid factor <20
ANA Screen Result Positive 40 Speckled

Iam going to call the doctor tomorrow for the results and to see if I need more testing but it has me worried about what I could have. I have searched several websites and it shows I could have an autoimmune disease and it could fall under several catergories. Does anyone have any knowledge of what this could be??

Could I have the RA but no RF. I am just worried and anxious.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:06 PM on Jun. 3, 2010 in Health

• I really have no idea, just wanted to wish you luck, I hope someone else has an answer for you.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 9:10 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Different labs can have different normals for the tests. We need the normal values along with the results.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 9:31 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• when you do get a diagnosis, i highly recommend looking into alternative therapies (homeopath, acupuncture, chiropractor) as well. Not to replace traditional medicine necessarily, but to complement it at least.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:58 AM on Jun. 4, 2010