spin off of placenta teady bear question....would you eat the placenta?

i read in the article about people eating the after birth??? omg that is well the thought is making me feel sick. would you/ have you done this? why one earth would someone do this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:37 PM on Jun. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I can't even read this question without wanting to puke.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:51 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• There are actually many benefits from consuming the placenta. I haven't done so, I would definitely consider placenta encapsulation in the future however.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 9:39 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• no effin way
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 9:40 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• A journal post regarding placenta encapsulation, including some information on the benefits of consuming the placenta (Be warned, it contains pictures of a placenta and the preparation for encapsulation): http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1577334/Placenta_Encapsulation_Instructions_w_Pictures

dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 9:47 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• The only word I can think of and its really not a word is EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.
    No, never ever would I eat that.
    I watched my cat have her kittens then consume thier afterbirth and I about puked. That was the grossest thing I ever saw.Worse than a kid eating a slimy snot booger.BARF!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:51 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• No way. Uhuh....
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 9:59 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• (OP) well i can understand animal doing this because they have to clean it off of their young ie cats are born in the sacs (unlike humans in which the baby is born then the sac is delivered) but animals have to get their young out of the sacs and clean them up before they suffocate. but just human eating it is very very odd. i have never heard of this until now. and it just seems very weird.
    Anonymous

• Not if you paid me!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:17 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• fucking puke!
    Anonymous

• I know it has healthy benefits to the mother, but I'm not an organ eater.
    I don't like liver, heart, or intestines, either, and the placenta falls into the same category pretty much, although the other organs come from animals, not humans.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:06 AM on Jun. 4, 2010