Having a hard time, anyone ever felt like this? No bashing PLEASE!!!!

I have 5 amazing wonderful children and I love each and everyone of them with everything I have in me. But my 4th baby, my 2&1/2 yr. old is driving me crazy! Not like haha funny crazy but I am so tired of him getting into EVERYTHING and destroying stuff crazy. I don't want this to come off wrong because I love him just as much as everyone else and I know it's the way we baby him but he just tries to go against me with everything he can. Every once in a while I feel like I don't like him very much. I have never felt like that before and I never let it show to him or anyone else and I never feel like hurting him I just want to run away sometimes and mostly just to get a minute away from him. He is my little peanut and he just started getting these little freckles that you could just eat they are so cute and SOMETIMES he is just so sweet! Has ANYONE else EVER gone through this? I am not a bad or mean mom but I'm feeling horrible!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:39 PM on Jun. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• honey we all have those times, and kids all have those phases. doesnt make you a bad mom, it makes you human. i did a post once called"speaking the unspeakable-sometimes I dont like him" about my baby. I love him very much but when he head butts me, pinches, has a clingy whiney period, nope dont like him, and why would I ? thats doesnt mean I would ever ever hurt him, it just means that we all have bad spots as moms. and anyone who says they have never had a bad time is a liar. (hugs) hang int here mom.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 9:41 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• what you are feeling is totally normal, and 5 kids is a lot to deal with mamma. you need to call on your support system. first and foremost...you do NEED to take that break. I'm serious...even if it's just an hour away...take it. and secondly, his acting out sounds like he's wanting your attention. try to set a bit more alone time with him. read to him without the others around, or play some game alone with him. hell, take him out for a treat just the two of you. it's extremely important to set time alone with each child. don't blow up on him, though I know how you feel. my first born has started acting out to see what he can get away with and sometimes I have to walk away to scream or laugh my head off, lol. but he's not a bad kid, and neither is yours. and you are NOT at all a bad mom for feeling frustrated. just be sure to take some time for you...and then both of you. good luck!
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 9:43 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• I go through it with my oldest. He has my personality. Very headstrong. Throws a wonderful tantrum, I should applaud him for it. But at times I just want to scream in his face....sure you know the feeling. My second is completely opposite. But this I say to you, 5 kids!!! Good for you!! Not many could do it and if he is the first to drive you up the wall, hopefully he is the last. Kids are hard and sometimes their personality is so strong there is no amount of "discipline" to change them. Just think of how wonderful they will be when they are older, no one will walk all over him!!!
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:45 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• There's days I feel similar. But to me I feel trapped and just don't feel like lugging my daughter on errands. Also me and hubby's relationship has changed since her but what can you do? Deal with it I guess. We're human. Not robots.
    Anonymous

• Thanks so much! You made me cry, in a good way! I can't talk to friends or family because this is just not okay the way I'm feeling. But my Hubby told me to come here and vent and said that I wasn't alone and I didn't have to feel like it. Thank you again!
    OP
    Anonymous

• I've been there with my son..no..let me correct that..I'm STILL there with my son,lol He's 10,my first born and the love of my life, the center of my world, the part of my heart that makes it keep on beating! HOWEVER..is is the biggest PAIN IN THE BUTT EVER!!!! LOL.
    Sometimes, I need a moment or a day or so away from him,lol.When he's asleep, he looks like such an angel and my heart just melts.Then the kid wakes up and opens his mouth and its all over.Mr.smart mouth guy that he is,lol.
    Your normal, youre a mom. Even moms can get fed up sometimes.I vent and feel better and then I go on. A perfect mom is not one that is always miss sunshine smiles with perfect children with perfect clothes all neatly lined up with brilliant smiles.A perfect mom is one that never stops loving,never stops caring and puts up with all the crud our kids hand to us..even if its not on a silver platter or in my case..it IS ON MY GOOD SILVER PLATTER.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:46 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• and 5 kids? Honey I'd be in a nut house! lol
    Anonymous

• Yes, my second child drove me insane. Had she been my first, there would have been no more. I think if out of 5 only one drives you up the wall, you are an amazing mom, so don't feel bad. He will grow up and it will be different, and someday it will be funny.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 9:47 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• to the Original Poster...girl, message me, I'd love to talk! you are NEVER alone in mommyhood. we have all been there or are all going to be. bearsjen is right, anyone who says they don't have a hard time are straight up liars, lol
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 9:48 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• awww good cry is good lol-very healing(hugs) and it sounds like you are lucky to have a hubby who is smart and supportive, go give him a hug and tell him ty because believe me, thats so so important. Bless your heart....
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 9:49 PM on Jun. 3, 2010