Help asap

Were having a party @ are house now for the game there 's a family over here there son is runing and jumping and acting up his parents aren't saying anything do I have a right 2 say something to him or do I say somethin to his parents

kadmomma

Asked by kadmomma at 10:14 PM on Jun. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• if he's going to break something, you have absolute right to say something, just don't physically touch him or cuss at him, nothing like that. if it's not 100% emergent...then talk to the parents. I know it's touchy, but just tell them how worried you are
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 10:16 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• say something to the kid, nicely. If the parent say anything inform them its your house & you have certain expectations!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 10:16 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• It's your house so speak up!
    Anonymous

• Just get down on his level and say "Oh honey, let's not run, you might get hurt with all these people in here." He might stop and you sound like you were scared, not, disciplining.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:17 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• whenever a kid is acting up at my house i just say real nice to the kid something like why dont you come over here and play with this... or no jumping on furniture ok.... and if you say it infront of the parents they will know to make him stop too
    joycegina

Answer by joycegina at 10:17 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• It's your house. If he is misbehaving & the parents aren't doing anything about it, you have the right to inform them and him that his behavior isn't acceptable in your home. If you do it respectfully & they don't like it, too bad, I would assume that's probably why he acts that way in the first place.
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 10:18 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• I totally agree with Adeline. Once you say something a time or two the parents may start noticing or caring and say something as well. GL and dont pull out too much hair hun lol
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 10:18 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• he is probably bored, or maybe ready for a nap/bedtime
    but if you want to tell him something. just say something calmly. try sitting down with him and talking to him. there's no harm in it.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 10:18 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• I agree to say sometime to the kid in a nice calm distration-type tone. Sometimes kids will listen to other people when they won't listen to their parents.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 10:23 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Your house, if they are rude enough to let their kid run wild, speak up!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:14 PM on Jun. 4, 2010