Sleeping Pills

Do you, or have you ever, taken sleeping pills? If you have, what kind (if you can remember)? And how did they work for you?

firenicecream

Asked by firenicecream at 10:30 PM on Jun. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I take sleeping pills every night. Have had to since about 2006 or thereabouts.
    I have a prescription for Klonopin (Clonazepam), but I break those in half so I can wake up naturally in the mornings. I also have to take over-the-counter sleeping pills that I only know by sight....I can't remember the name off the top of my head and I don't feel like running upstairs to check. I get the storebrand...they are the 25mg of the ingredient that helps you sleep...and I take 2 of them.
    Many nights I wake up between 1-4am, which sucks. If it is 1am or 2am then I'll take the other half of my Clonazepam. Otherwise, I'll just read by a flashlight in bed or get up and get on the computer. I'll usually have to end up taking a nap in the late afternoon, though, when this happens, which throws off my sleep schedule.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:04 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• During my first pregnancy I took Unisom (the generic from walmart). My OB told me they would help with the 'morning sickness'. So I took one every night almost the entire pregnancy. This pregnancy I have done the same thing, just not as often.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 10:35 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• mine are Temazpam 30mg they are from the doctor and they do work for me, but I try not to take them unless I really need to even though the doctor says to take every night I am afraid I wont wake up to hear my 5 and 2.5 year olds if they need me in the night and I know DH isn't going to get up lol. Plus I have to get 8-9 hours of sleep a night with these and I can't gerentee that. But if I do need them I do take them and they do work
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 10:36 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Ambien- Horrible!!! i had severe side effects. The walls moved all over the place, I heard voices and then "seen" someone walking around in my house.... there really wasn't but I hallucinated soooooo bad then when i finally slept then woke in the morning my body hurt all over all day. Tried it a couple times to make sure and yep that was it! Poison control said this is a severe side effect! other than that just Tylenol pm- this was okay
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 10:38 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• benadryl-wonderful
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 10:42 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• i take a trazodone every night
    Lovey1234

Answer by Lovey1234 at 10:53 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• I have Valium, but I rarely use it. Does the job.
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 11:01 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• I take a 12.5 mg Ambien CR every night. I LOVE them! For the first time since 1997, I have been able to sleep through the night without racing thoughts or feeling like ass the next day. I was on regular ambien before but woke up three or four hours later and it stopped working to where I was taking more than my dosage. I have been on Ambien CR since September 2009. They are expensive if you do not have good insurance. With Tricare it costs $22 for a 30 day supply. If not for Tricare, it would be well over $200 for a 30 days supply. I've never had any ill effects from it.
    Anonymous

• I've tried Ambien. They did not work AT ALL. I might as well have popped a tic tac. My mom swears by them though. I think this is one of those things where you have to just discover which one works for you.
    Stormywaters03

Answer by Stormywaters03 at 10:31 PM on Jun. 26, 2010