Good Christian Woman?

Why is it that when people want to describe someone as a good person they think that adding the word "Christian" is going to make any difference? How come we never hear about a Good Pagan Woman? or a Good Muslim Woman? Aren't their good people on every path? How does being Christian speak for ones "goodness" or "pureness"?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 10:40 PM on Jun. 3, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• i'v never thought about it. i dont think that means anything except that is her religion. i'm not sure why some people ad it in there. i'd rather just be a good woman.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:42 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Or how about just good woman period??? I agree here. I think it is all a control thing just like politics if you ask me. Just like people saying we were founded on Christian beliefs..uh..I suggest you read many of our founding fathers quotes!!!
    WonderWoman1979

Answer by WonderWoman1979 at 10:42 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• It's just kinda like a reflex.It just triggers something in your barin.I think of good.I think of God.Yes there are good people who don't beleive in God.Christianity is kind of like a synonym of good.DOn't take it personally.
    KaraEmomma

Answer by KaraEmomma at 10:43 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• it doesn't....haha I hate when people say that because it is usually followed by a "but" . Like that makes it ok for what they are about to say because they know it is rude or hateful.
    Ericha7

Answer by Ericha7 at 10:46 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Only Yahweh is Good. Blessings..
    Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 10:47 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Anyone else find it odd that this description usually comes after something really really bad happens like child abuse or major fraud and no one thought it would happen because "she was such a Good Christian woman".
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:48 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• lmfao I am sorry I don't mean to laugh..ok maybe I do but only Yaweh is good?
    WonderWoman1979

Answer by WonderWoman1979 at 10:51 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• HaHa - Wonder I love you! lol... I thought it, but I'm so glad you said it!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:54 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Can I get an Amen!!! An hallelujah!!! well put, anyway...

jenparianos

Answer by jenparianos at 11:33 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• I think part of it is that identifying oneself as "Christian" usually implies honesty, integrity, etc (or, at least, that's the impression one is WANTING to give...). Not that other faiths can't do the same, I think a lot of people are more informed on what Christian values are than they are when it comes to, say, Muslim values, if you get what I mean. Other religions are so misunderstood by the majority of Americans, or at least the Americans who are Christian. Not all people educate themselves about the faiths of a religion they don't affiliate with. But Christianity is one of those where everyone knows those who identify as Christians SHOULD be trying to live to a certain standard, even if they don't realize, perhaps, that those of other faiths do as well.
    It could be that Christianity is more accepted, too. Saying "good Muslim woman", for instance, may cause someone to react negatively, which is a shame, if you ask me....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:59 PM on Jun. 3, 2010