Kind of stupid question, but how long after getting a tattoo can you dye your hair?

I got a tattoo on the back of my neck and on my hand a couple of weeks ago right after I bought some dye to go back to my natural color and I was just wondering roughly how long I should wait to use the dye. The one on the back of my neck is totally healed, but a tiny spot on my hand is still just a tiny bit dry sometimes, if I forget to put the Tatoo Goo on it before bed or something.

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 10:45 PM on Jun. 3, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• You can dye your hair... Don't worry, it won't affect the tat!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:46 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• wear gloves
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 10:46 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• i would wait a couple more weeks just to be sure. also you want to make sure to do the 48hour allergy test, something about getting tattoos can make you more sensitive to the chemicals in the dye.
    MomOfDagJag

Answer by MomOfDagJag at 10:47 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• If you are really worried, take some bandage tape and cellophane and just create a patch to cover it... But generally, you're fine.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:51 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Thanks ladies!!
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 11:20 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Since they are obviously near or on the areas that you will be working with, I would recommend waiting until they are fully healed.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:26 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• OMG your neck! rofl - I saw the title and was like WTF does one have to do with the other! hahaha
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 2:19 AM on Jun. 5, 2010