What would you do if your kid's teacher hit him with a book for answering the wrong question?

Local news story tonight... I'm looking for a link, I'll post it asap...

Let me just say, I would walk right in to that room and that teacher would most likely have grounds for a lawsuit... But it would be more than worth it!

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 11:12 PM on Jun. 3, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Oh yeah... don't dish it out if you can't take it!! I'd be locked up after that, but I'd deal!!
    Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 11:14 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Another reason to homeschool.
    Anonymous

• i agree with Anon10:14. this is all the more reason for me to keep my kids at home
    MomOfDagJag

Answer by MomOfDagJag at 11:18 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• I agree with morgain. I'd beat the living shit out of her. Sure I'd get in trouble, but it would be worth it.
    Anonymous

• it is wrong for a teacher to strike a child but one wrong move by one teacher is not grounds to isolate your children from the world and you're doing no good for them by doing that.
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 11:25 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Yeah, that's it anon- teach the kids that isolation is the answer. If something bothers you, you should hide from it.

I'm with you guys, but since I don't have any criminal record, and don't really want one... I'd just have to let my tongue deliver the blows.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:26 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• homeschool isn't isolation
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 11:35 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• i'd let someone know where to get the bail money because i'm going to jail for injuring a teacher....
    Anonymous

• I think I would TOTALLY feel the way you do, Sabrina, but I'd have to sit on my hands for a bit until I could go to the school and be non violent....ish...... The people running that school would never want to see me again, that's for sure! lol My parents wouldn't let the teachers at my school get away with ANYTHING!!! I remember sitting in the office and seeing the grimaces on the principal and teachers' faces when they found out my mom was coming in for the umpteenth time. And my dad always sent back fliers and announcement with the spelling and grammar corrected... I'm going to be EXACTLY like that!
    MamaRae85

Answer by MamaRae85 at 11:37 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• my children are Far from isolated.
    MomOfDagJag

Answer by MomOfDagJag at 11:38 PM on Jun. 3, 2010