I gave birth to my daughter on Monday and she is still passing meconium. When should I see her first seedy diaper? My son was having seedy diapers by now. I couldn't find the an answer in any of my breastfeeding books.

kt2babies

Asked by kt2babies at 6:16 PM on Jun. 27, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If you're realy concerned about it I would ask the dr, but my son was the same way. He never even had seedy diapers and he was breastfed. My daughters however had seedy diapers when they were still in the hospital.
    April_418

Answer by April_418 at 6:18 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• I breastfed my baby too and until I stopped her poops were never seedy. They were always either pale yellow or light light green. Never even close to solid either. I think she stopped with the meconium within a week after getting her home, maybe slightly longer.
    ZOSO

Answer by ZOSO at 6:55 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• He stopped the 4th day out of the hospital. It was the last and worst day passing it. it just kept coming and would not stop. I was in the car when I was changing him and it was a mess. it was all over his back, hands all over my hands. It was some sticky stuff anbd it just would not come off. I was all alone..:(
    sashy37

Answer by sashy37 at 10:56 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• breastfed babies have the messiest diapers .I would say it is normal my 2 nd son had breast milk until 2 months old and thats when his poop changed .I would ask your doctor maybe just call them and see if they want you to bring a diaper in to them just to see.
    angeleyesm

Answer by angeleyesm at 1:49 PM on Jun. 28, 2008