Embarrsed son to death :(

Earlier this evening I was with my 17 y/o son at the grocery store about to checkout, he was standing next to me and I went to grab my purse from the cart and it accidentally swung right in my son's privates not really hard, but It caused him to go to his knees to catch his breathe.

I apologizes immediately and felt terrible, but my son look like he was so embarrassed and said he didn't want to talk about it.

Did I scar my son forever? I must be the first mom in history to hit her own son in the privates, I'm terrible :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:41 PM on Jun. 3, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• Wow..really? lol you aren't the first mom to ever do that cmon now. It was an accident. Of course he's not gonna want to talk about it. Make it into a joke he will be fine. I am 21...ive done this before to a couple guys on accident! and i apologized like crazy but we laughed about it later.
    Anonymous

• OUCH!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• Aww haha don't feel badly, he will get over it. Hopefully he realizes the people who saw, will more than likely never see him again, and if they do, so what? They've seen embarassing things and even experienced them themselves as well. He'll forgive you, heck, use it in a speech when he gets married like, "hopefully our shopping trip didn't jip me of grandkids!" He'll laugh about is way sooner than you think :)
    SimplyMadness

Answer by SimplyMadness at 10:54 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• I have 4 sons. You did not embarass him. Being hit in the family jewels is not something that stays with a teen boy for long and no one in public is going to laugh about it or hold on to it in their minds. What you DID do was hurt him and there was no NEED to discuss it after the fact. These things happen. Any parent who LAUGHS about it is a nasty person who should not HAVE kids. It's nothing to laugh about. If you laughed then your son may have been embarrassed about THAT....about people seeing his mother for the psycho she is.
    Anonymous

• Anon, I didn't say laughing AT the fact he was hit and hurt, I meant at the situation. And I certainly didn't mean bring it up at any whim. If she's this worried that she hurt and mortified her son, I was simply telling her to make light of the situation. You're the one who needs to rethink what you're teaching your kids, if you can't laugh at an embarrassing situation later in life, you're a dreary stuck up individual who needs to let loose. And any kid brought up thinking they must continue to be embarrassed about a situation from years ago, are going to be less self confident.
    SimplyMadness

Answer by SimplyMadness at 11:55 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• he'll live
    Anonymous

• This has been posted way too often on CM....I have already replied ...somewhere else.....it is really a tacky question.
    Painful, I would say. Maybe embarassing. But mainly painful,right?
    What's up with the duplicate discussions of your son's genitals? Ewwwww.
    Anonymous

• I bet this is the same creep from Yahoo! answers. It's been posted there over 30 times.
    Anonymous

• It happens- he will live- you didn't mean it, and he don't want to talk about that with MOM--but he will get over it-could have been the other way around--life embrassments.
    Anonymous

• you're not the first.. won't be the last and trust me there are things that can be much more embarassing... when my son was in his teens and i would embarass him i would look at him and say i was just doing my job as his mom...LOL.. lighten up he'll be fine.
    Anonymous