Dying to KnoW!

Ok...despite the fact I had my son 4 months ago and still nurse him(not exclusively), I got my period March, April, but completely skipped it in May. Now my DR. said that's completely normal bc I still nurse, however do to the circumstances I do believe theres still a chance I could be pregnant. I'd say the last time my husband and I had sex was about 2-3 weeks ago. Should I take another test or way to see if I get my period this month? The last time I got it was around April 13th. But then I 2 weeks later I bled for 2 days and it stopped. I know my h0rmones are still adjusting but I have a weird suspicion.....Advice?

xoxneanxox

Asked by xoxneanxox at 11:45 PM on Jun. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• take a test to ease your mind...I would!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• If you suspect you're pregnant, take a test. Every time you put your baby to your breast you're releasing hormones that suppress the rise of estrogen. Estrogen has to reach a certain level in order for you to ovulate. As it rises, your body will prepare to ovulate, but unless it actually breaks a certain point, you won't. I'm still nursing my son who will be 2 in less than 2 weeks and my cycles are still crazy ranging from as short as 27 days to as long as 40.

The best thing you could do, especially if you're not ready to have another child, is pick up the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler. It teaches you how to read your body and determine when you're fertile. With this knowledge you can avoid sex on those days or use a condom. Then, when the time comes to have another child you simply reverse the rules and you'll get pregnant sooner.
    ncbirdie

Answer by ncbirdie at 8:01 AM on Jun. 4, 2010