Need encouraging words, my SO has an important position at work and always gives 1000% but that leaves me picking up the pieces...

He works a whole lot and when he's home he tries to cat h up on sleep and understandably. But that leaves me alone alot and having to take care of the house, our very young baby and school (I'm a f/t student). He seems to forget that he needs to nurture our relationship. Just because he worksand gives them 100% he thinks that's enough. He just can't balance his load and I feel so misunderstood when I talk to him about it. He is good to me and a great dad when he has enough energy to engage.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:48 PM on Jun. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• I totally understand what you are talking about. He needs to find a balance or he is going to lose everything. I see it all the time. Don't give up okay. Keep trying to get through to him. Sorry I am not much help but I will say a prayer for you.
    Anonymous

• I would just be thankful that he has a job. Not everyone is so lucky these days.
    Anonymous

• yes i totally understand your point only my situation is a tad worse. mine has a good paying job and is manager so he HAS to put in 100%. BUT he is home at 3 pm most days and will not move one bit to help. then as soon as he has a day off, hes off to hang with his friends! yes i can understand needing some man time, and also needing some time to unwind afterwork, but that leaves very little time for ME time! try having him do little things like taking the kids out for ice cream so you can have an hour at home to yourself. its not stressful for him, they can go to a drive through and eat, but it will be enough time for you to catch a breather! also you must decide for yourself which comes first, housework, or a sane mom, and most times i pick me over the dishes anyday! if i have had no time for myself im not the least bit concerned with the housework!! lol
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 12:04 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• Yeah my SO is the Director of Operations in the entertainment industry and it is extremely demanding. There is always something going on and everyone runs to him, even when it's not. Necassary because they know he will get it done. They take advantage of his loyalty and reliable self. Really pisses me off. It makes it hard to be understandingof him being tired because it's always and only me that gets put to the side

Op here
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• be content with what he does do. sounds like he has a very important job, if thats so then you guys are lucky like pp said most dh's dont have that. i believe in work hard now and youll get to play later. good luck
    3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 12:10 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• oh yeah my dh is military and hes always gone, either deployments or training. just continue 2 hold your family down.
    3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 12:11 PM on Jun. 4, 2010