How many of you hate your job?

I hate my job. They are trying to promote me (which will bring even more added stress) without giving me a raise. My job is stressful, just wondering how many people are in jobs they "hate" or dislike very much.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 PM on Jun. 3, 2010 in Money & Work

• You are not alone!! Lol I HATE my job!! I'm a teller at a bank and it is sooo much pressure to reach the quarter gools!! It's stressful and I hate referring.
    Don't get me wrong, im sooo thankful for my job but its taking to much out of me!! i been job hunting for a mth
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 12:03 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• I hate my job also but then again I am not sure there is a job I wouldn't hate. I don't like being controlled by someone else. I started my own business so that I can gain the control back in my life from when I work to what I make.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:58 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• i hate mine. Its nice right now because i've taken a lot of time off for the summer and am only working on the weekends but i DREAD going in! Its so much drama and so many people thinking they are above everyone when they are nothing but little peons. I wish i had my own business. Real business. I wouldnt be happy doing any of this at home, work on-line stuff either. I'm not saying thats not a real business..i would just be happiest being out of the house, meeting people and interacting with them.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:47 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• I don't hate my job - I love my job (I'm a hairstylist) but I HATE the salon owner I am booth renting from. She is just bad news.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 9:38 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• I've had many jobs I've hated, but they always seemed to be the highest paying jobs, why is that?? The jobs I absolutely loved, paid squat. I guess they pay more for the added stress. LOL!!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:47 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• just burnt out from my job. a nurse for 20 yrs. i know i should be happy i have a job and i see all the people flocking to nursing (most will leave within 5 yrs) but im just tired. want to do something different and FUN!
    Anonymous

• Start looking for a new one. There are lots of great tips in the CafeMom Job Hunting moms group: http://www.cafemom.com/group/102837

Answer by rkoloms at 9:23 AM on Jun. 5, 2010

• I thought that getting laid off with no notice after 9 years working in the same place was bad, but this job i have now blows HARD. The person in charge only promotes those who idolize her and kiss her ass (the puppets). No one cares about the department I work in including the director...I'm so ready to leave this place but can't afford to not have a job.

This is one of those places where it seems great at first then you see the truth. I've been here 1 year and the turnover in this department alone is astounding.
    KatBerry

Answer by KatBerry at 2:41 PM on Sep. 9, 2010