Facebook Status...

So, my best friends sister posted a fb status that said " dear oil spill: thanks for ruining my vacation. I hate you."

She is 20. And concerned about her VACATION?? It sucks, but the Eco-system of the Gulf is AT RISK! And people are losing their jobs! I commented and told her this and that I thought she was being selfish! What's your take on her status?

ArmyWifeAshlie

Asked by ArmyWifeAshlie at 12:02 AM on Jun. 4, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I think we all understand the seriousness of the the situation, but it has also ruined vacations. What's your point?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• I think she's right. You are being rude to her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• Okay, well more background, this girl isn't concerned about anythin other than her vacation, and her parents will send her somewhere equally, if not, nicer. I just think its selfish that her only concern is her vacation. I should have posted more background information. She basically thinks the world revolves around her.
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 12:07 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• She's 20 and it's on FB, it doesn't mean she doens't understand the seriousness of the situation, but for many FB is about frivolous things.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:08 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• It's just hard to explain. I guess if y'all knew her like I do, it would make more sense.
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 12:10 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• At age twenty, many are quite shallow and only think of how things effect them. I think she needs to grow up and realize what is important. Obviously, the Oil Spill is more devastating and more important than her vacation issues. She is a cry baby, at the very least.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 12:23 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• LOL not everyone believes in the BS Al Gore feeds us. I am sure its gonna be ok. The world survived the Lakeview Gusher, Gulf War oil spill, Ixtoc I oil spill, and it will survive this one. If you are so concerned I would LOVE to see your pics of you and your dawn dish soap helping out!
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 12:27 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• @gertie:

that's what I was getting at. I'm only 21,but I am married and have a child, so I guess I think about things differently than she does. She just only worries about how something affects her. Always has.
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 12:28 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• Dramaaa!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• 12:27 AM on Jun. 4, 2010 by: Crissy1213
    LOL not everyone believes in the BS Al Gore feeds us. I am sure its gonna be ok. The world survived the Lakeview Gusher, Gulf War oil spill, Ixtoc I oil spill, and it will survive this one. If you are so concerned I would LOVE to see your pics of you and your dawn dish soap helping out
    ***********************
    What does Al Gore have to do with the Oil SPill? LOL. BP ...British Petroleum ...is responsble for the oil spill which will kill the fish and birds in the water and it is creeping eastward . They say it will be heading east and up the Atlantic coastline. And that is no big deal? Ha. Crissy, do you not watch the NEWS?
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 12:41 AM on Jun. 4, 2010