Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

On the verge of leaving SO, advice?

My and SO have been having serious problems for over 2 1/2 yrs. I have to come to realize, that he is not going to change. I have always known this, but have been hoping he would prove me wrong. Anyway, he is very controlling. I hardly have a life outside of the house, anytime I make a new friend, he will find something about her he doesn't like and doesn't allow her over or vise versa, and it puts a strain on my friendship with her. I have lost 3 friends now since we've been together. He never allows me to go anywhere with anyone or even by myself, unless to the grocery store or library. When we get into fights, he takes my phone and computer so I can't get a hold of anyone so I can leave. He has even made me delete facebook and myspace, and almost ready to tell me the same about CM. I honestly can't handle not having my own life anymore, doing anything and everything for him, for me to be treated like a prisoner. ( cont. )

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Jun. 4, 2010 in Relationships

Answers (6)
  • I want to leave him, I know that it would be best for me and in the long run, our dd, but I have no where close by to stay. My closest relative is 6+ hours away. I would hate to take her away from her dad, plus she has two older half sisters whom she adores. But I don't know what else to do. We will fight about it, talk about it and come to a conclusion that things will change. He will stop doing this and that, and I will do more, because he says I don't do anything, and it will be fine for 2 weeks at the most. Then it all comes crashing down and everything goes right back to where it was before. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, or what you would do in this situation, I would really appreciate any help. Thanks

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

  • What if he turns abusive? Don't risk it! Get out!

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

  • * Physically abusive

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

  • I would kick him to the curb FAST!!!, keep the kids with you and contact domestic relations office to file for child support FAST!! Plus, Request supervisory visitation rights by judge.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

  • ****OH I forgot to add that he even gets jealous when I masturbate. He has told me to get rid of my toys...WTF?!?!****


    Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

  • GET OUT. Don't worry about taking her away from dad...he's not a father. he's a sperm donor.

    Get the HELL out as fast as you possibly can. Leave everything behind if you must...just GO. Don't give him time to get home and stop you.

    Answer by gdiamante at 4:05 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.