dh wants to drink every weekend almost divorced

Me and dh were going to seperate but we are working things out we are doing wonderful now but our problem was every weekend he would go and drink and wouldnt care how i felt about it i was always upset and we would fight i dont want to break up we have been together 5yrs almost 6 and have a wonderful son together we are great until it comes to the weekends what should i do

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Jun. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• I have dealt with this same thing for a long time. I know how it feels to not want to break up the family but living like this doesn't do anyone any good. I finally laid it all out for my husband - stop spending hour upon hour or even days drinking or me and the kids are moving out and we're done with him. He still has a drink occassionally but he knows if one time he does a disappearing act, we are leaving. Some people will tell you not to threaten anything you are not willing to do. That is true. He will keep pushing if he knows you won't carry through with what you say. Ultimately, he has to decide to get sober or at least not let it control his life. You have to decide if you want to be miserable for the rest of yours. Good luck. I know it's hard.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• Find an Al-Anon chapter near you..it will help.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:17 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• a what???????
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:55 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• alcoholics anonymous.. its a support group for alcoholics, which is what he sounds like.
    3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 11:57 AM on Jun. 4, 2010