What are the advantages and disadvantages of marrying an older guy?

My husband is 9 years older than I am. He is 40 now and I am 31. I really enjoy his maturity and I am so grateful that I don't have to put up with childish behavior. When I met him I was 19 and he was 28, but he was mature even then and very responsible, but easy-going and relaxed in the same time.
As the time goes by I am wondering if the age difference is going to start to show more. Like when I will be 50 and he'll be 60, will he still be patient, will he be able to have sex etc.
If you have anything to comment please do so. I'm just curious and want to get a different perspective.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Jun. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• Viagra will help him. Not sure about the patience, though.

Age doesn't matter but to some it does.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:51 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• Advantages would have to be experienced, patient and knowledgable
    Disadvantages would have to be getting older, ED (Make sure you stock up Viagra)
    Just go with the flow don't even think about it it's not like you are wanting out right? Age is just a number and how he makes you feel.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• OP: I doubt that he will take Viagra. We are very against medicines unless it's for saving lives.
    Anonymous

• Men don't grow up they just get taller!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

I'm kidding! Honestly, I am one of those who believes age is just a number. He sounds great and 9 yrs is not much in the grand scheme of things. Unless you started dating him at 11 yrs old and he was 20! LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• He'll be able to function fine. YOU may well be less interested as menopause sets in.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:51 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• You're seriously thinking about all this now? The man is 40, not 400. Frankly, I find your position offensive and it sounds as though you are amazingly shallow.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:25 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• My hubs is 9 yrs older than I am and we met when I was 19 he was 28. We have been together for almost 22 years now (the last 19 of 'em married). For me the 'advantages' to seeing an older man was that he was mature, he was settled-- meaning he had graduated from college and had a good job, he had his own place to live, he had his own car (and it was paid for), he knew what he wanted in life and had a 'game plan' for his life. As for 'disadvantages' I really can't think of any other than he has 9 years of living and experiences that I dont' have and has lived thru some history that I can only read about--- like the moon landing. Other than that I tend to 'forget' that he is older than I am, as we have a lot of the same views, opinions, likes and dislikes and get along quite well.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:45 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• My DH is 37 and I am 25. We have no issue's really. I cant stand the guys my age (never could) I am not into partying and all that. I also love his stance on alot of issues, it cuts out the headache from our relationship.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• 9yrs of adifference is nothing. As they say women age faster than men. I think its kind of true. He is 20yrs older than me. we have been married for 5yrs & have 2 beutifull little girls. Advantage: Mature, settle, has a good job, own house, a car, ready to be married & have kids. "Yes im his 1st wife" He is very responsable & experince in many different things. you actually learn things from a older man. He doesn't look hes age he looks much younger thats probably why the age difference doesnt bother me. Disavantage: Alot more expirience he knows more than me. you can't change the way they are. & i think thats about it.oh yeah & he is a older father.

The sex thing i don't think hell take viagra he doesn't llike medication ether. We joke about that & he tells me.. "As long as you keep your self sexy by looking good for me i won't have that problem" we just lagh.
    Anonymous