help please

ok ladies i need some help... i took a pregnancy test earlier today and it came up neg but a few hours later it had a faint positive on it i dont know what to think

wiggsbabe

Asked by wiggsbabe at 1:18 AM on Jun. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• you cant trust a test after a certain amount of time.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 1:20 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• i forget what its called but its still negative after so long it isnt readable because it gives false results... its still negative
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:20 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• Be safe, do another test. Wouldn't trust the one so much.

Good luck : ) Read instructions, and time limits on the box as well when you test again. : )
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 1:22 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• I'd take another test....the ones at the dollar store really work. I'd go there and test again.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 2:22 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• HPT's are really tricky. My test I had taken with my lil one who is now 14months is still showing positive. I know sounds gross, but I wanted to know what all the fuss was about..People say they only stay positive for a certain amount of time well mine has been stored in a very sanitary area and it still shows bright positive...TEST AGAIN. It could be neg could be positive...Play it safe...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:52 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• There is a reason that the instructions say not to read the test after 10 minutes. What you're seeing there is what is known as an evap line. If you have any doubts, take another test. After 10 minutes, read the result and throw it in the trash and don't look for it again. www.peeonastick.com has great info about all of that.
    ncbirdie

Answer by ncbirdie at 7:52 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• You aren't supposed to read it after 10 minutes. That being said, do another test. But this time, if it's negative after 10 min throw the test away and never look at it again. I got a faint positive after about 25 min when I was pregnant with my son. So, I took a digital test and got a deffinite positive. Since this test didn't work well for you, try a different brand later after holding your urine for 3 hours.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:14 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• I would do another test and then go to the doctor's to triple check if you are still unsure.
    meganpmom

Answer by meganpmom at 11:29 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• Your best bet is to get a clear blue digital test...my first test I took did that to me after 10 minute it came up positive...later on that day I bought a 3 pk of the digital ones and all three came back pregnant...and here I am 8 weeks pregnant...so if I were you go with a digital one...that way you can stop playing the guessing game.
    lazo060109

Answer by lazo060109 at 1:36 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• Take another one!
    I used a cheapo test from the dollar store and still got my positive (actually, I remember it started turning as soon as I started peeing on! freaked me out for a second) So no need to go all out on the more expensive ones unless you can really afford it..

If you get confusing results again (or positive, obviously) see your doctor. They can confirm for sure (there are false positives, especially if you were on BC)

But most the time it is a true negative if it read false for that long... They generally turn positive after 10 minutes... BUt I'd double check with another test, just to be sure.
    MrsAdorkable

Answer by MrsAdorkable at 7:57 PM on Jun. 6, 2010