Anyone deliver at Hillcrest Hospital in Waco TX?

What was your experience? Did you have a midwife or doctor?

We are moving to Waco this summer and I'm due in November. I'm wondering if anyone has delivered there recently and what their experience was. I'm hoping to transfer to a practice with midwifery care.

Any insight, suggestions or advise would be great?

Also do you know if there are any birthing centers in the area?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Jun. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I was born there. My sister delivered my neice there. She had a dr. I know of a lot of women who have delivered there. Waco has 2 hospitals: Hillcrest and Providence. Most everyone I know from the area has their babies at Hillcrest. Everyone I know used a dr; I don't know of anyone that has used a midwife. Dr. Chia-Lien Wang is a very good OB and in the Hillcrest Tower right next to the hospital. My neice had complications when she was born, but Hillcrest had an infant ICU they were able to rush her to. They got her breathing issues resolved & her well enough to go home in just days.

ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:12 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• Yes, I delivered my first son there. Not a fan at all. Go to Providence. They have a midwifery unit. There aren't any birthing centers, but there are midwives in the area. Send me a msg and I can probably help you out. But if you plan on delivering in a hospital providence would be my choice.
    zackaroosmom

Answer by zackaroosmom at 9:23 PM on Sep. 30, 2010