untreated yeast infection

could you have bleeding or spotting from an untreated yeast infection?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:27 AM on Jun. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes. You need to get treated. Yeast infections can become very very serious, you especially need to go if you are pregnant.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:30 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• I am not sure of that but you can cause more problems then what you started with when you have a yeast infection get it treated right away.
    Anonymous

• can you go into labor early from it?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:31 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• Yes. It is very uncommon though. It is more common with trichomoniasis which has sorta the same symptoms. There are 3 types of Vaginitis, Bacterial, Yeast, Protozoan. Even though you think you might have a yeast infection and even if you had them 100 times and know the symptoms... doesn't mean thats what this is. I think you should see your doctor for a definitive result.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 2:32 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• can you go into labor early from it?
    ______
    Definitely! That is why you HAVE to see a doc when you have one while pregnant.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 2:33 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• Oh ok.....I started spotting about 2 weeks ago...my doctor scheduled my appointment for tomorrow had spotting a couple of days ago but not alot...brownish pinkish but it smelled like meat...I'm going tomorrow...hopefully he'll beable to treat it..I'm only 25 weeks pregnant and do not want to go into labor! I can't wait for my appointment tomorrow. I've had yeast infections with my other pregnancys but never spotting!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:40 AM on Jun. 4, 2010