How much did you spend on fowers for your wedding?

jenae_gist

Asked by jenae_gist at 3:18 AM on Jun. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• About $800. My flowers were the only thing I really wouldn't cheap out on. I wanted real flowers that looked really nice. I had my boquet dried and framed and its hanging on the wall in my living room lol. We only spend about $4000 on the wedding total though.
    oboe_chik

Answer by oboe_chik at 9:43 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• when we renew our vows (in 1 year and 9 months) I have set a $350 limit for flowers. most likely i will be doing my own arrangements though so probably not even that much.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:21 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• My parent have a huge back yard and My mother and I planted our owe flowers and we paid next to nothing. It pays off when your parents live on a moutain top.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:36 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• haha none, Justice of the Peace "wedding" here. Entire thing cost less than $50 and I even wore jeans.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:04 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• $0. we had a beautiful inexpensive wedding. i didn't see the point of spending all that money on flowers - although some find them very important. my MOH bought me a simple bouquet of calla lillies for me and some other pretty flowers for herself.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 6:38 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• We spent $700 on flowers. We didn't actually pay for flowers but that's how much they cost.
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 6:42 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• Less than $100. A friend from church made beautiful bouquets from silk flowers for my bouquet ( he even put my grandmother's handkerchief in it for "something old") and for my bridesmaids' bouquets. Everyone thought they were real flowers, not silk because they looked so nice. I had 3 live arrangements in the church, one was flowers and 2 were just ferns in the church, but they weren't big or showy, I don't like big fancy things.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 7:15 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• nothing....My DH Uncle's Brothers wife new how to do them so she done them for free for our wedding and mt bridal shower
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:04 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• I only spent about $130. We got married in the mountains here in GA where the Mountain Laurel's were blooming all over the place. So, i used a bunch of those. I also bought a huge blue hydrangea bush. It was so much cheaper than buying them at a flower shop. I spent $20 on my bush & i had more flowers than you could imagine. The bush had about 20 HUGE blooms on it. I also bought daisy's, small white roses & blue delphiniums. I had plenty of flowers! They were gorgeous!

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:14 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• it was less than $100. I got married outside at a cabin in the mountains in Gatlinburg right by the river and it was already so beautiful. Too many floweres really wouldve been over-doing it.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:42 AM on Jun. 4, 2010