venting....

so my family is down and like always..i am the one left out. my son wasnt feeling to great so i stayed home with him while they went to a 7 pm movie, and agreed to watch a movie wehn they get back. time passes, i fall asleep, wake up, its 1 am. i text my sister to see if they were coming back soon, bc they are staying with me while they are down, and they are at my brothers with the rest of my family. we have 3 siblings that live near me and 3 that are out of state. i am hurt and pissed off. i text my sister who lives here and she said they were still going to come over to watch the movie, i called her bs and got no reply. i am tired of this crap. as if it doesnt happen enough without the out of staters here. well i locked my door and am now off to bed. my son finally fell back asleep. i wouldnt have gone, but there is no courtisy and thats what bothers me.anyone else deal with this kind of crap

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:30 AM on Jun. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• Well do you think that you maybe be being a little childish. Your family doesn't get to see everyone alot and your child is sick I could see if they leave you out of everything but hey unlock the door and stop acting like a child.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:39 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• I am sorry if this sounds like I am being a little harsh but come on you all can watch a movie tomorrow night.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:40 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• anon. i think the reason she is upset is because they all said they were going to go back to HER house to hang out and watch a movie....but then they all went to her siblings house instead without calling or texting. yes locking your door is a bit childish, but everyone has their moments.

my sister can very inconsiderate with me and my mom which drives me insane, but there isnt much I can do about it.

the best advice I have is to let you family know that they could have at least been considerate enough to text/call to let you know that they were stopping over at so and so house and might not be back in time to watch a movie.

good luck!
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 3:42 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• good night. I hope tomorrow looks better for you. Hope your DS feels better
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:43 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• I think you need to talk to them and tell them that you are upset that they did not have the common courtesy to call you and let you know plans had been changed, and that you had sat there waiting for them and wondering what was going on. I would also let the ones staying with you know ahead of time that you go to bed at XX (time) and if they are not back by that time they will be locked out-- unless they borrow a house key ahead of time.
    I do know how you feel, I have out of state family that are like that. They make plans and then change them without telling anyone, they are self-centered and think only of themselves. It has gotten to the point that I really don't care to see them and if I hear they are coming for a visit, I make other plans.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:33 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• At 1 am, I'd lock the door too. What time did they think they were going to go to your place to watch a movie??
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:53 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• op here. they said they were going to a 730 movie, then coming back to watch a movie with me and my family. i dont leave my door unlocked anyways. no-one called to let me know what was going on. they didnt get back untill 430 am. i only thought my son was out for the night. this morning they said,"its not like we wanted to have fun without you on purpose, we didnt go over there on purpose, time just flew by" i said really? thanks for the call 7p-430a. right that wasnt intentional. what bothers me is that they asked me if they could stay with me, that they wanted to stay the visit over here.
    and i know i am a little bit childish, why should i care, its just family. right i should show i care as much as they show me they care.
    Anonymous