Should I take this as a sign?

Me and SO have been on the rocks for years and I am so over his stupid lies, control issues and ready to move on with my life. Of course I love him, and it is really hard to just pick up and leave him and everything ( well the little bit ) that we have together. Should I take it as a sign that I get excited about thinking of being single again? Getting a job and supporting myself and my dd? Having my own money and my own place? Honestly to think that I could possible spend the rest of my life like this, with him, makes me sad. But I get happy when I think about what it would be like not being with him anymore.

heatherbug82

Asked by heatherbug82 at 3:45 AM on Jun. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• If you are not happy then you and only you are the one that needs to make the changes. If you don't have what you want in your life then pack your stuff up and leave and start all over again. If your DD will have a better life all the way around if you make the changes you need then do it for that one reason. You can do what needs to be done. It will take a lot of work on your part but it can be done. GL to you and your DD.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:53 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• as long as you are happy in the end is all that matters
    _mimimosley_

Answer by _mimimosley_ at 4:00 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• I have been there and one it. Dont allow him to rob you of one more day of your life. I let my ex SO do it and then one day I told him I love you but I love myself more, and you are draing the life out of me. And I am taking it back. And I am sorry but your not coming with me. PLEASE PLEASE know this the lies will never stop, they begin to believe their own lies. They will never change, they may for a day or two maybe even a week, but the real man comes out everytime. Since I gave him his walking papers, I have been a changed woman that will never settle again. Yes we settled and we deserve better, because we are WORTH IT!!!!!!!! Now get that job start saving and walk out a new woman. GL hun :)
    genav

Answer by genav at 6:25 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• yes, absolutely. although frankly, there are lots of signs that it's time for you to move on... control issues and lies. you will be so much happier when you take those steps - promise!
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 6:36 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• I got excited too honey. I didn't own a damn thing. I was living at a friends house, taking public transportation to work & shopping at thrift stores because i had no other choice......but, i was SO HAPPY to be single & FREE! I did not give a crap that i was embarrassingly poor & started over from the bottom up. The fact that i was single & away from my ex made me feel like i was on top pf the world. So yes, i would take it as a sign. Good Luck!

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:07 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• Have you two even tried counseling at all? Does he have any clue you are unhappy or are you secretly feeling this way and are just going to spring it on him?
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 9:04 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• yes that is a sign.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:16 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• Sounds like your inner courage is coming to the surface. Good for it and make the best of your life. You sound like you are ready to make a change and thats the best time to do it. Good luck!
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 9:51 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• Been there as well, and yes that's a huge sign.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 10:07 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• go back to school and get ready to move out!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:17 AM on Jun. 4, 2010