Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Changing Childrens Surnames

Since December 2007 i have been going through the courts with my ex-partner as he was playing games with my babies one minute he wanted to see them then he didnt then he did so on so on, he was continuing to do this in court to the point when i decided a contact center would be best opption again to no suprise one day he would go then he wouldnt, exactley the same thing at the beginning of this year he eventually told his solicitor he didnt want anything to do with the children and he just wants to get on with his life, so the courts have given all the parental rights over to me, now i think its best for my babies that there surnames change from his to mine seen as though he doesnt want to know them, how do i go about changing them and also change it on there birth certificates, any advice would be great.

Thanxs x x

Answer Question

Asked by blondey0708 at 4:13 AM on Jun. 4, 2010 in About CafeMom

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (1)
  • I didn't know the answer to this, but after reading your question, I was curious about it, so I looked it up. Here's the link to what I found.

    Basically, it said that it requires a court order.  Since the father's parental rights have been terminated, then it shouldn't be too hard to get the court order.

    I don't think that they would be able to change the birth certificate though - sorry. 


    Answer by sailorwifenmom at 5:25 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.