My daughter is driving me crazy!!

I don't know what to do with her. I've tried EVERYTHING! She's sooo bad. She never listens and she's always screaming! I've tried being tough on her, I tried talking to her, I've tried ignoring her behaviour.. NOTHING WORKS! She's always trying to make me mad, she likes making me mad! I don't know why she does that, I took her to 6 different therapists in the last 7 years and nothing! I can't deal with it anymore, I'll go nuts! I've even considered shipping her off to my mom who lives in Europe for a year. I don't know what else to do.. She also has some REALLY "dangerous" friends. What can I do? She's always been like that, it's not that she's going through her teen age. She's 15.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:52 AM on Jun. 4, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• So ship the brat off to your mom.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:55 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• First of all, I think the first anon is a troll.
    Maybe spending a few months in Europe can help. It's not like you'd be "shipping her off". She might change if she gets away from these friends of hers and she might miss you and appreciate you more. I don't know what to say, it sounds like a tough situation. Good luck..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:56 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• I agree with the second anon. Send her to Europe for the summer, maybe get you mom to find her a part time job there so she can make her own allowence. But don't make her believe you're sending her there because you can't control her. Tell her you have to do it to help her get more experiences and grow up. Tell her she;s going to have an amazing time and generally don't scare her about the idea. GL
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 7:00 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• I agree with the mom above me. Send her to grandma tell grandma don't spoil her. If she sees something that she likes have grandma tell her now is a perfect time to get a job so u can get what you want. She isn't going for a vacation so txting shouldn't be aloud. She can use grandma phone to call back home so thatsknow excuse. She just needs discipline is what I believe. Good luck Hun and whaatever you do, don't let her make you feel guilty. You have done all you could she needs to grow up and cut the bull.
    Tryin4GodsAngel

Answer by Tryin4GodsAngel at 7:23 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• Sending her to another country will really open her eyes. I think it would be a wonderful way to help your daughter mature a bit more & to see what else the world offers besides her crappy friends. She may make some wonderful friends out there & it could seriously change her outlook on life for the better. I agree...send her to Europe. Not many parents have that option, you should take advantage of it.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:21 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• This is a cry for help. She likes angering you because you aren't giving her enough attention so she's seeking negative attention rather than apathy from you. You sound annoyed by your daughter instead of concerned, which makes me think you aren't the most attentive mother in the world. Normally I'd say sending her to Europe is going to hurt her self esteem and make her feel like you don't even like her, but you have been hostile, frustrated, and resentful about her for years. If your mother is a good mother, then I'd advise sending your daughter to Europe so she can get the care and attention she's been missing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:45 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• Personally I wouldnt send her off...youre her mother, you need to deal with her antics, not have someone else do it.
    auntietotty

Answer by auntietotty at 9:11 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• oh them fiesty damn teens LOL! Mine drives me crazy and makes me mad but I think it's just her being a pissy teenager it don't matter how much positive attention you give her it's her pleasure to annoy you..Maybe she knows how badly it gets to you...act like it don't bother you remember you were once her age and you probably gave ur mom a hard time just like she's giving you sending her to another country will be ineffective in my opinion what on earth would that do? It's like saying ur misbehaving so I'm gonna send you to another country as a reward. It's not teaching her to respect you or what you tell her to do it's like saying ur giving up on mothering her...Besides your mom already dealt w her teen daughter what on earth makes yo think she wants to deal w another one?? Let ur mom enjoy life now that hers is grown just like you she will grow up and she will be a responsible person..but what teen is responsible???
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 11:41 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• you were'nt at that age...Maybe do some things with her she enjoys instead of shipping her off ...that means you don't want the responsibility of taking care of her.
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 11:44 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• Sending her to Europe is rewarding bad behaviour.   What kind of a message is that sending her?

You need to get to the root of her behaviour.  Is she rebelling because you are too strict?

beeky

Answer by beeky at 12:53 PM on Jun. 4, 2010