Did my water just break?

I stood up out of bed about 5 mins. ago and I coud feel hat I better run to the bathroom. I got myself some clean underwear (as I always do in the morning) and headed for the bathroom. As I was standing at the dresser, quite a bit of fluid was dribbling out (dwn my leg), but I could also tell I had waited a little long to get to the bathroom. I haven't aquired anymore fluid in my pants since I sat on the toilet. What would you say?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:45 AM on Jun. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• are you having any contractions or lower back pain?
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 7:48 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• I would say put a pad in and continue about your day. If the pad continues to get wet or you notice fluid dribbling when you're sitting on the toilet, I would say it has broken. If you suspect it has broken do not put anything in your vagina. Depending on the baby's position, the head could be blocking the hole and preventing fluid from coming out (this is what happened to me and why I was sent home; they later concluded that I was right about when my water broke).
    ncbirdie

Answer by ncbirdie at 7:49 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• No pain yet, but some people don't get contractions right away, right?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:50 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• It sounds like you peed yourself. Now that you have relieved yourself, if you get any more fluid trickling you'll know that your water broke.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 8:22 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• I think you peed yourself, but you can take in your panties and they can test to see if its amniotic fluid
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 9:36 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• For me when my water broke I knew it. It felt just like a water balloon bursting inside my stomach. It was the strangest thing and I knew right away what it was. I got contractions right away and had my daughter 9 hours after.
    Savymom25

Answer by Savymom25 at 10:50 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• That could very possibly be AF, but I would doubt it.

You should continue to dribble-gush...

No, contractions don't *have* to start right away, it can take weeks...

Any more dripping since?
    Did you notice color, odor?
    When are you due?
    What is baby's position?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:19 PM on Jun. 4, 2010