would you feel that this was racist?

i put a pool on layaway at k-mart and guess what they didn't put it back in the layaway and was sold. this mad me very mad. so commly i asked if they had another one. i was given an attitude for no reason while they went to look. they seemed like they didn't want to help me at all. like i was wasting their time. to make a long story short, they had one but couldn't get a price to come up on it. mind you this has been 1 hour of waiting. so 1) they didn't have it 2) they didn't have anything close to it or a PRICE and 3) they stopped helping me and started helping another black woman who just walking up unlike me waiting that long. i told the manager i wanted my money back and i was never coming here again. she spoke up and said then maybe you should take you white ass somewhere else. so i lost my temper and told her where she could put the pool and the store. has this happened to you? what would you have done? im white.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:43 AM on Jun. 4, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• It is KMART! What do you expect? Everyone who works there is ghetto and lacks social graces!

I would still call and make a point to complain to an actual person...don't leave a message. Ask what will be done and tell them you'll be making a follow up call to see how the situation was handled - or that they call you back and let you know how it was resolved. You deserve an apology! Do not accept this kind of behavior, as this is what is making our country spin down the toilet!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:56 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• um, if this was the manager I'd be calling their corporate office in a second!
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 8:45 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• Yes I would! and I would do what peanuts recommended.

Answer by older at 8:47 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• TrollPost. This never happened.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:47 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• guess what it did jewjewbee and i didn't mean to post anon!
    eva123

Answer by eva123 at 8:48 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• i would've called corp right then and there without even leaving the frickin store
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:50 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• i called them when i got home after spending the rest of the day finding one. they apologized and said that the matter would be handled. i am just still so mad! that was uncalled for and VERY unprofessional.

eva123

Answer by eva123 at 8:53 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

`
    How does that happen? You have to click the anon button.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:54 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• Give me the physical address of the store and I will take care of it for you right now.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:55 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• i wanted it to email me when some one posted. if you really have to know!
    eva123

Answer by eva123 at 8:56 AM on Jun. 4, 2010