What motivates you when you have housework to do?

I would love for my house to be neater,but I HATE doing housework. I need to find the motivation.

AngiDas

Asked by AngiDas at 9:33 AM on Jun. 4, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I blast the music or plan an activity that involes in a number of people coming over (that makes me clean like a helldog)
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:35 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• I have an hour before my husband gets home. lol.
    acurran88

Answer by acurran88 at 9:37 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• I've found that I clean the best when I'm angry or stressed out. It's like therapy. I play really loud house/trance music or metal and just do it.
    paige8608

Answer by paige8608 at 9:48 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• i bring a friend for my son to play with then i get some stuff done :) lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• The only thing that motivates me is dirt, when I cant stand looking at it or my feet stick to the floor I know I have to clean, I HATE cleaning, wish I could afford a maid! : )
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• ugg CLEANING is a bad word!!! :) I was just sick for a week and my house was scary. I think I just couldn't take it anymore and finally cleaned it up. But mostly I clean better when i am really mad or listening to music at ear deafening volumes.
    Savymom25

Answer by Savymom25 at 10:23 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• I agree with paige8608 that's the best time for me to clean, let's me get off a lot of stress I got a lot done yesterday pretty calm today.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 10:23 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• I used to blast the music when I lived in our two bedroom apartment. In our four bedroom house though we can't exactly do that. The only source of music is my computer and that doesn't reach throughout the entire house. So I could ont beautiful cool, sunshiney weather. That helps me feel upbeat and motivated. Just pushing myself to do it is the biggest thing. Saying "Yea, I know you don't want to, but if you don't know you won't later" ... Guilt tripping myself works. Ha!
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:35 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• First, I tell myself how embarrassed I would be if people just dropped in for a visit and my house was a mess. That is my main motivation. THEN I put on some really good music, and go for it. I usually have clean bathrooms and a clean kitchen sink....but there can be a lot of clutter. ANd I don't like vacuuming and washing floors. It can be tolerab;le with good music,tho! And ...OH! I also think about the calories I am burning everytime I really clean! YAH!
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:47 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• I think to myself that I don't want my house to look like sil's house (hers is filthy). and just picturing her house gets me motivated to clean!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Jun. 4, 2010