If you see a house thats lawn has'nt been cut and the grass and weeds are over a foot tall what do you think of the people living in the home?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:38 AM on Jun. 4, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Maybe that they are unable to do it due to injury,illness,or handicap. Worst case scenario,they're just too lazy.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:40 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• I would think that they are unable to keep their yard neat and would go over and mow it myself. Then I would leave an anonymous note saying that I had mowed the lawn and hope it helped them out a little.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 9:44 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• Maybe they do not own a mower or cannot afford someone to do it for them. If I owned a home, it would probably be like that sometimes....lol.

I drive through this neighborhood that's really nice & most of the lawns are cut and are maintained beautifully. There is always the same one or two homes that have unkempt yards. They're both really big, nice homes. One yard is just over-grown and the other has children's toys and random crap all over the yard while being over-grown. I've seen the people outside...there's always lots of people w/ lots of kids and they just look sloppy. I think they have a lot of money to be able to afford such a nice house, but they do take care of or have pride in their home. That's what I assume when I see that.
    paige8608

Answer by paige8608 at 9:47 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• It depends on a lot of things - is it usually neat and then suddenly is unkempt? Then I'd think illness or that their mower/trimmer broke and couldn't afford to fix it just yet. If it's always like that then I'd probably think they either didn't care of that they were granola and keeping a natural environment.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• They should be living in a townhouse or apartment where the lawn work is done for them.
    Or they should hire a teenager to cut it for them.
    Posibly they are retired older people who can't do it themselves?
    OR they are just lazy. Who knows.
    But I just saw a yard exactly like that on my way home from Target yesterday and it looked so so ugly. The rest of the homes had beautiful lawns.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 9:52 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• honestly you guys are nice...IMO the first thing that would come to my mind would be "I hate when people don't take care of their yard it seriously looks like shit" i would never assume them to be handicap or anything i would just assume them to be lazy
    Mommy2JoshNJake

Answer by Mommy2JoshNJake at 10:04 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• i would mow it for them, or get neighbors to help...1 foot high is a tough job!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:05 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• I would never say automatically lazy...our grass needs cut right now (gonna do it today or tomorrow) but I can't get to it because I am home with two kids on a busy street without fencing and I don't trust them inside by themselves and my dh works.
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 10:07 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• OH gosh....ours is no where near one foot high!
    MamaRoberts

• OP..we have a major weed problem. My dh will usually cut the grass every week, sometimes he cant because of work but our weeds will grow to be over a foot tall.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Jun. 4, 2010