What would you do about this..besides laugh?

Ok i have had a few blow outs with my MIL. She is a habitual lier, manipulitive, negative, selfish, self-centered dark soul (i told her i do not like her as a person and do not see myself being friends with her). Anyway i havent spoken to her since November of last year. My DH goes visit her and he told me the MIL cut me out of all the pictures! If i was in a pic wiht my DS or DH i was cut out. I started laughing hysterically,and I am still breaking out into random laughter.
I was thinking of taking some pics of just me and mailing them to her (she lives 5 minutes away) with a note 'i hear all of the pictures wiht me in them were somehow destroyed so here are some replacements'. LOL

Now what do you suggest I do? I am looking forward to your input!

PotterMom218

Asked by PotterMom218 at 9:40 AM on Jun. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• just because she is a relative doesn't mean she has to be family. it is fine for you, your husband and your child to cut people out of your life that don't add to it and only take from it. I'm surprised all these moms feel that a person with such low moral is obligated to be in your life at all. it isn't good for your children and your family as a whole to continue to surround yourself with people you simply cannot get along with and are dishonest. if she wants a relationship with you, your son or anyone for that matter, that is completely up to her. it is not your place to force anyone into your son's life, and you have no reason to have a relationship with anyone you don't want!

that being said, you are accountable for your own actions, and being immature or egging someone on that you don't care for isn't worth your energy. although, being able to laugh about nonsense is great.

KristaRene

Answer by KristaRene at 1:47 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• Don't encourage her

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:41 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• And don't be petty about it. If only because she is your husband's mother, maybe you should do something kind for her, just as a gesture. If she is still nasty to you, buy her flowers and send her the stems.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 9:46 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• Wow. I feel badly for your husband that neither is mother nor his wife are willing or able to put aside their petty differences. IMO you were wrong for teling her what you did (regardless of how you feel about her) and she was wrong to cut up pictures. The fact that you're seriously considering egging her on speaks volumes. I wouldn't laugh at her too hard - you don't seem any more mature than she is.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• pretty darn sad for the kids....
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 9:56 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• Mmy MIL and my relationship is beyond repair. The short version : 1. she insisted on having my baby shower and did NOTHING, I had to plan and buy everything in 3 days. 2. She put my son facedown on a pillow when he was 5 months old and claims she never did it when i saw her do it. 3. shre insulted me when i offered her lunch ( we did not have money so all we had ti eat was mac and cheese and hotdogs, she threw some very rude comments 3x). There is more much more.When confronted she continued to deny, lie and say i was making it all up. My DH was/is on my side, and he knew she said/did all that i was bringing up. Itried to talk to her, email her but she refuses to take any resposibility for her actions. My DH is the only one in her family that speaks to her, no one likes her.
    PotterMom218

Answer by PotterMom218 at 10:01 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• I was not serious about doing anything to her. I am not that petty, but it is fun to think about.
    PotterMom218

Answer by PotterMom218 at 10:05 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• I think you are very immature and your husband is a spineless wimp for putting up with this nonsense from both of you for all this time. He needs to grow some balls and quit adding fuel to the fires between the two of you. I feel sorry for your children who are the innocent victims of all of your immature, high school behavior.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• She has not once attempted to or inquired about her only grandson in 6 months. She does not call her son unless she wants something from him, and he is the one who asks if she wants to see her grandson since she never asks or makes an attempt. Her and I dont have to get along, but she doesnt even care if she sees her son or grandson. That is nto my fault. That is her selfishness.
    PotterMom218

Answer by PotterMom218 at 10:15 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• How about you not be a petty, childish person and leave the situation where it is. Be the bigger person and ignore her childish antics. You guys don't get along, so why would you continue to associate with her in a negative manner? The adult thing to do would be to leave her be and live your life.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:31 AM on Jun. 4, 2010