how do you really know your done having children?

im 24 and hubby and i are about to have #2. how do you realy know when to get your tubes tied. im shur i want one more but a lot later. how did you really know you were done having kids?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Jun. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• For me I just knew. Kind of like you just know when you meet the man you're going to marry...you just know and you're at peaceful place in your heart about it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• We ran out of bedrooms in our house. I'm having my 5th - yeah, we're done! Tubes are being tied while they are doing the csection for this one. But I'm 36. I thought about having it done when I was 28 after I had my first three, and I'm SO glad I didn't!

Answer by missanc at 10:26 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• When you no longer have the means to support them, you're done. Regardless of whether it's 1 or 10.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• I just knew. I don't know how to explain it. I guess a feeling of completion.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 10:38 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• when your nerves, energy and money are stretched to the point where they can't stretch anymore... And I ran out of seats in my van (cant afford a bigger one) and ran out of rooms in my house... I hate that I know for a fact that I am pregnant with my last baby but thats the way it has to be =( I have had lil ones running around my home for 10 years, its sad that this will be the last one... =(
    I am pregnant with my 4th baby and my hubby has 3 others from a previous marraige, yeah 7 is enough...
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 10:39 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• For me I was never big into the idea of having more than one. When my OB strongly discouraged me from having another due to a list of health concerns, it settled me. I'm 38.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 10:46 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• I think it comes down to when you don't have to ask that question,lol.
    You will just know, trust me.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:48 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• for us it was my health that was the deciding factor.. after 9 pregnancies-2 that were miscarriages 8 children- in 16 years 4 c-sections, potentially dangerous complications , hyperemesis. and adrenal gland fatigue. I just really felt like my body could not handle any more pregnancies which is a place I never thought I would come to. Being QF minded for years I naturally thought we would keep going until I went through menopause but circumstances changed that.. so after much prayer dh had a vasectomy.. at first I didn't how I felt about it but I have peace about it now, our family feels complete to me.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• Sex ws made for pro-creation, so in my opinion you are done having kids, when you cant!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• NICE ANon 00 - hahahahahahahahaha....
    We only knew after having our first one that we were done having anymore - it was a tough road into parenting for us and we both realized after he got over the infant stage into the toddler stage that we don't want to stretch our time or attention to another child, financially we will be able to give him more than either one of us grew up having and actually have a college starter fund for him. If we had another child, he wouldn't have any of this.. plus, I think I thought I'd do better at managing chaos than I am.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:22 AM on Jun. 4, 2010