Words

is it Ok for the parents to say F****, S*** words in front of their kids eventhought they r still babies.?

Imane1215

Asked by Imane1215 at 11:12 AM on Jun. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• Sure, my son heard my mom say all sorts of words. He always seemed to know they were bad and you could always hear him give a little gasp everytime she said them. He never ventured to repeat any of them.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:18 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• i don't think so. My nephew's first word was "sum bitch", cuz he heard his grandpa saying it all the time. Kids are like sponges, soaking up everything around them, even as babies.
    inkydorei

Answer by inkydorei at 11:19 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• Once in a while a slip up is okay but I think excessive use of those words seems trashy whether there are kids around or not. JMO
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• I think it depends on the child - my sister and sil both have "trucker" mouths - so to speak lol!! and both of their girls knew not to say them off the bat - my SIL second DD however, is very strong minded and is completely opposite. We don't use the words at our house but we know at this age our son WILL copy every word so we just try not to - we aren't really big swearer's anyway
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:25 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• I don't think it is okay to use cuss words at any time, let alone in front of children.
    Anonymous

• I think as long as you don't plan to punish the child when they start repeating them! My dh had a friend who would tell her toddler "did you s**t?" And would actually spank the child if she said it! I told her, children don't just say these things out of the blue! But just think of being in public or talking with the preacher and this pops out! Lol
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 10:53 AM on Jun. 6, 2010