Does anyone else feel like people have too many excuses why they are on Public assistance?

I just feel like everyone uses the excuse they lost their job.. TRUTH BE maybe you just dont wanna go to work. I know McDonalds is ALWAYS hiring. I mean really lets everyone take a look at who's on PA. Im sure if you really take a look they dont come from the BEST upbringing. And if you wanna say no because you are on it, then please take a step back and look in the mirror before you open fire on here. AND really I dont mean you if your husband is in the picture and he works.. Blah blah blah...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Jun. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Does anyone else feel like people have too many excuses why they are on Public assistance?

yes. unless someone is truly disabled, a person can almost always find work. it may not be what they WANT
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• dunno what happened. cont....

it may not be what they WANT to do, but a job is a job.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• McDonald's workers qualify for PA too. Don't be so ignorant. PLENTY of people work that are on it. Upbringing has nothing to do with it, I know people that have college educations that have to be on it due to lack of hours. Just because you may be privileged doesn't mean everyone else is. Would you rather live in a country that have as many people that are on food stamps starving because an anti hunger program doesn't exist?
    acurran88

Answer by acurran88 at 11:24 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• There is nothing wrong with assistance if you truly need it...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• Are you sure you had a good upbringing? Your grammar is awful.
    acurran88

Answer by acurran88 at 11:26 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• WHAT GRAMMER?, ARE YOU FOR REAL, YOU MUST BE ON PA GETTING DEFENSIVE.. THOSE ARE NOT THE PEOPLE I WAS TALKING ABOUT, PLEASE READ BEFORE ACTING LIKE A KNOW IT ALL.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• I think needing a lil help with food money is different, who cant use a lil help?
    MaddyAndLanie

Answer by MaddyAndLanie at 11:31 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• lol. You can't even spell grammar correctly. And yes, I'm "for real". Is that all you've got? I'm not getting defensive. I would just rather live in a country that tries to feed the hungry. It's called compassion.
    acurran88

Answer by acurran88 at 11:33 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• yea yea spelling wrong makes me dumb... Since when did Compassion = Laziness, or unwillingness to get a J O B?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• and as for all i got, im a realist and i realize you are obviously one of those people on PA.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Jun. 4, 2010